SRS 2's up and running

Options
Tex
Tex Posts: 189
edited December 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Back in October I posted a thread about purchasing some $135 SRS'2s. This is the first pair of Polk's I have owned and now that they are playing I can say that they are as awesome as I though they would be. I have tried several types of music and found them to be great on all of them, especially vocals. Right now they are powered by a Carver TFM-25 amp (from Ebay) and an Adcom GFP-555 preamp (purchased from club member George Daniel). I have a JVC Turntabel (garage sale) and a Harman Kardon DVD-22 (Ebay). I built an interconnect for the speakers out of Monster Cable and the pins off of some rca cables. So far a total investment of $670. In the near future I plan on upgrading the tweeters and rebuilding the crossovers. After that I will probably upgrade to tubes. I have learned alot from being in this club and thank everybody for sharing their knowledge.
Post edited by Tex on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2005
    Options
    ... and you have a carry permit... Yup, remember that for sure. :D

Glad you're enjoying your little audio expedition. Post a pic or two if you can.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Tex, welcome to Club Polk. glad to hear you are enjoying your SRS2's. sounds like you're on the right track for years of enjoyment out of those. have fun.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Good Going.

My SRS still amaze me with their imaging every time I fire them up.

RT1
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited December 2005
    Options
    SRS 2's for a $135.00...man,how do you sleep at night?

Good on ya bro,enjoy the tunes!!!