Duofoil® and a 95% tinned copper braid shield, PVC jacket
RG Type: 6/U
Sweep Testing: 100% Sweep tested 5 MHz to 4.5 GHz
Nom. Impedance: 75 Ohms
Nom. Inductance: 0.106 µH/ft
Nom. Capacitance: 16.2 pF/ft
Connector Choices: Vampire Wire 808 or Locking LRCA8 connectors

www.zebracable.com
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Please post your reviews guys :)

It's unfortunate that the PCSP ended, as this was another entry into the cable stock.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Hey sorry I was late on the review. I lost my notes when I was traveling home for thanksgiving. I can remember most of it though.

These were the last cables I tested and the best. The other cables I tested were my own monster interconnects 200, then the outlaws, then the DIY homegrowns.

I'll start with the aesthetics first. These cables are quite sleek. With a nice black jacket and terminated into silver vampire connectors.

The cables have a very nice weight to them and the terminals are not lacking as well. The terminals are locking and maintained a secure and firm connection without any movement.

As far as sound quality goes, these were the best. They opened up some of the percussion in Diana Krall’s DVD-Audio “A Girl In the Other Room” as well as open up the soundstage. The recording felt much more “open” and an amazing clarity came out from my speakers. These interconnects really help with clarity in all frequencies as well, I couldn’t notice a major bass change, but there might have been if there were better speakers. I also tried two live recordings of Josh Groban’s “Live in Concert” and Dashboard Confessional’s “Unplugged”. The difference in both was noticeable over the Monster interconnects and smaller jumps from there to the outlaws, DIY and finally the best performer was the Zebras. The recording of “Unplugged” went from seating in the back part of the intimate performance to becoming a singer in the front row.

I automatically assumed that the price of these cables must have been higher than the others cables I have tested, but this wasn’t the case at all. These cables were in the same price range as the other cables I have tested.

The main objective I had was to decide whether better quality interconnects could make a noticeable difference in a budget (R-series) system. These cables made a noticeable difference and now I’m convinced that even cables in the budget range, such as these are worth the small investment for that budget system.

In conclusion, these interconnects are a great bang for the buck, and will open up that soundstage and help you reveal some of that missing music on your CD’s.
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt