RT speakers and tubes

Options
organ
organ Posts: 4,969
edited December 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
I know you guys have heard me say it a million times. The RT series sounds AWESOME on tubes. My RT fetish started after hearing my first pair of RT speakers. So far I've heard the RT5, RT800i and now the RT15i on my gear.

I just received my pair of 15i from Beardog today and have them playing on my Dyna. They're all similar on tubes. The sound just floats around the room and the speakers dissapear. I love it.

I've yet to hear the new RTi in my system. I'm not a fan of their new tweeters.

So all you tube heads, if you have a pair of RT speakers laying around, give them a run on your gear. Very fun speakers.

Maurice
Post edited by organ on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Setting up the RT7's to be run on a rig with a 4w SEP 6V6 amp. They really open up in the top end with tubes. So does the current Monitor line - you wouldn't believe how different (for the better) they sound on tubes. It's an entirely different speaker.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. They sound completely different on tubes. They sound congested(sp?) on solid state and fully BloomeD on tubes. Transistors give my RT's a cold and tubes is the only cure.

RT7's! That's awesome.