Opinions on Monitor 4.6?

Options
billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,213
edited December 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Anyone heard this speaker? This is from the Monitor Series 2 era and has the SL2500 and a single 6.5" woofer. How much does it give up in the bass department compared to the Monitor 5jr+ or the Monitor 5?
There is a pair locally that I'm thinking of making an offer on.
What do y'all think would be a good price on these? She is asking $100 for the pair, but I think that is high for craigslist. Not sure what condition they are in.
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
Post edited by billbillw on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Unless pristine, $100 is high for a pair of 4.6's. For a decent pair $60-75 is more in the ebay range. Since they are local, i.e., no shipping to pay, you can go up some and still get a good deal.

The ported 4.6's bass is down a fair bit from the 5's PR design, but is not bad for their size.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,213
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Thanks Tour,
    I was thinking of offering $40-$50. She is moving to the West Coast and wants to sell her "big" stuff (although I don't see how these are "big").
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Compared to Acoustimas, they're big... :D

Happy hunting...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD