Kenwood KAC-728S 100 Watts X 2 at 4 Ohms
Kenwood KAC-749S 40 Watts X 4 at 4 Ohms
Kenwood KGC-4042A EQ

1 pair of Polk EX369 6X9 100 watts RMS (continous) 300 Peak
1 Pair of Polk GXR69 6X9 70 watts RMS (continous) 175 Peak
1 Pair of Polk EX3500 1 inch tweeter 60 watts RMS (continous) 160 Peak
1 Pair of Polk GXR12 12 inch Subs 165 watts RMS (continous) 365 Peak

All that installed in a Dodge stratus 2002 SE

I have the 4 channel amp at high filter. front and rear. I Have the tweeters and the GXR69 in front. And the EX369 alone in the back of the car. And the 2 channel amp with the 2 subs.

In the Manual of the amps says in the speaker slection:

The rated input power of the speakers that are going to be connected should be greater than the maximun output power (in watts) of the amplifier.

What is the rated input power? the peak power or the continous?
What is the maximun power of the amps?
the 40 x 4 at 4 ohms or what?

I'm not sure if my system will handle well the power of the 2 amps. Or I'll crash the speakers or subs. If my system can handle it. Also need to know If I can put at max power the 2 amps? and the speakers will be fine.

maybe those are kind of stupid questions. But I'm not a pro.

I really apreciate the help! Thanks :D
Post edited by mizar on

Comments

• DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Kim, can you elaborate more on why you should reverse polarity b/c of x-over slope?
  • mizar
    mizar Posts: 3
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Hi thanks 4 the answer. I have put eh xovers of the 4 channel amp at 80 as u told me.

But I have some more questions.

Acording to the manual of the polk 6x9. It says that If u r using subs. U may want to cancel the bass on the speakers by using a bass bloker or a specific capacitor. It says that by doing that u'll have a better mid-range detail and an increased power handling.
    Or if u have an electronic x over. by setting it below the 100 Hz or so.

The main point here is that I don't want to crash the speakers and that I want to use them with the most power I can do so.
    If I put all the power of the 4 channel amp at max. The speakers will be OK?

And that polarity thing Is not very clear. I Just have to change the cables that are goint out of the amp and to the subs?

Thanks