Newbie... Woo SDA 1.2 TL's

Options
c0redumpt
c0redumpt Posts: 35
edited December 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hmm I finally pulled the trigger and got a pair of immaculate 1.2 TL's.... am soooo happy :D

I'm looking at hooking these up with a Hafler DH500 amp, am just wondering if I should be concerned with the possibility of the non-common ground issues and interconnect cable with this amp?? I have no manual for it and cant find any reference material anywhere on the web in regards to this....

Also I didnt get any manuals/paperwork with the speakers, if anyone has anything in electronic format that they could send on id be really grateful.

Cant wait to listen to em when they are setup in the next cpl days :cool:
Post edited by c0redumpt on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Measure ohms across the negative outputs on the amp, zero means common ground. For an owners manual, contact Polk and they will mail one to you. If you don't know what you're doing, wait until you get the manual before hooking them up.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2005
    Options
    From Page 6 of the Hafler manual....... The black terminals can be connected together for headphones or accessories that require a common ground.

DH500 manual
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • c0redumpt
    c0redumpt Posts: 35
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Cheers for the info... hmm the interconnect cable that I got has a blade and pin type connection... Im guessing that with the hafler amp I would have to have the black terminals connected for use with the interconnect...

Thanks for the information so far though its been useful... already printed the hafler manual :)