Bob Crump

Options
W WALDECKER
W WALDECKER Posts: 900
edited November 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
i regret to inform the members of Club Polk of the Passing of Bob Crump who helped design along with John Curl and Carl Thompson the CTC barbeque power amplifier which was the precursor to the Parasound JP 1 monoblocks . Bob Crump was also famous for his Audio cable designs and he will surely be missed by many. thanks....WCW III
Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
.Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
Post edited by W WALDECKER on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Wow...

I know Doro (Mark) has one of those BBQ amps...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Robert Crump is to Parasound, as Henry Kloss was to KLH.

Bob Crump helped define Parasound as an industry leader since the late 1990's. Bob personally voiced alot of the components that were chosen for building amplifiers like the HCA series and HALO, just as an example. John Curl and his crew of pirates led the way for Parasound....anything prior to the HCA2200 MKII(1995) is childs play when it comes to design and application.

CTC Builders was formed in 1998 with friends, and fellow Parasound consultants, John Curl and Carl Thompson. The resulting work on the CTC BBQ amplifier, a hotrod HCA-3500, led to the development of the highly regarded and very well received, JC1 Monoblock. The BBQ was named as such because it was Bob's favorite type of food. The CTC Blowtorch preamplifier has been referenced as one of the best pre-amps ever made.

Bob also created what is probably THE most copied and used DIY power cord ever, The Asylum Power Cord. A regular contributer to Audio Asylum and a few other well known venues, he was always available for chit chat and was simply a regular guy.

He also started his own company, TG Audio, which specialized in interconnects of all types. The designs were his own and all hand made in his home.

I've talked to Bob on a number of occasions for historical information and questions and he never dismissed me as a nut, which of course is what I am.

Rock on Bob Crump.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2005
    Options
    RIP, Bob. You made your mark for sure.