buzzing noise coming from rear speaker

Options
gools
gools Posts: 18
edited November 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
One of my rear speakers is not working properly, it's making a buzzing noise when it's on. Well it's not the speaker itself, but I guess maybe the reciever. I also checked to see if the speaker wire was bad, but it wasn't that either. just wanted to know if maybe it's on a certain setting that may contribute to that buzz. Or if there is anything to look for that may cause this problem
Harmon/Kardon AVR245. Fronts- Monitor 60'2. Centre- CS2. Rears- R15's, Sub- PSW202
Post edited by gools on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Just one speaker?

Swap the speaker to a different channel. If the buzz follows, it's the speaker. If it doesn't, it's not.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited November 2005
    Options
    are you using any DSP modes? Including DPL II, DPL IIx, Logic 7, DTS Neo:6?

it happens sometimes with DSP's ~ albeit a very slight buzz.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • gools
    gools Posts: 18
    edited November 2005
    Options
    how do I swap channels? I do believe it on a dsp mode. Even if it was on DSP and had the slight buzz, wouldn't come from both speakers, instead of just the one speaker
    Harmon/Kardon AVR245. Fronts- Monitor 60'2. Centre- CS2. Rears- R15's, Sub- PSW202
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited November 2005
    Options
    not necessarily. Try using the reciever in straight 2ch. stereo mode or regular Dolby Digital 5.1 mode w/out the DSP add ons.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush