Who Wins The Console War?

2»

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2005
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051124/ap_on_hi_te/xbox_glitches

Well I guess I was not making this stuff up after all. ;) And i am pretty sure that the "glitches" are higher than what M$ is reporting. One guy can't even get past the first lap iof PGr3, and guess where the info came from...thats right xbox-scene.

Looks like my Febuary timetable is more and more like the right move.

So..wait...Yahoo posts this and it's a fact that the majority or even a small minority (no claim there) of the XBox 360 units are screwed up? LMFAO, dude. Until I see widespread panic on these things, I chalk this up to nothing more than isolated issues, as I said when you first posted this. A couple of whiners on a message board, on the internet, |= a mass production issue with these units. Sorry, dude....

Truth be known I could care less if it was or it wasn't. I get slightly annoyed when folks start all this drama about something on the internet when it's by and large NOT true other than few isolated incidents, and then more people turn around and preach it as the gospel from some real reliable sources! You made that article read the way you wanted it to.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited November 2005
    Look Demi, I am getting the 360, it is a known fact that this is happening, I am just warning people to wait. Thats all. Call it what you want but the system has some bugs, it will be hit and miss, but right now I would not drop 400+ accessories on a system, and I would recommend people not do the same. Just trying to help you guys out that may be thinking of it, but better yet **** it do what you want.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited November 2005
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited November 2005
    Who wins the console war?

Count me in as an I dont care :)
    pc gamer for ever.

going off of specs alone;
    3.2Ghz celleron (crappy) - try a dual core 3.8Ghz ee 840 with 2 physical procs and 4 software procs
    256Mb of standard old 2100ddr - try 2 Gb of dual channel ddr2(400) memory with timings of 2-2-2-2-5-t1
    256mb proprietery video chipet at 700Mhz - try 2 512Mb ddr3 video cards striped together with 500Mhz proc speeds and 1.3Ghz memory speeds on em both.
    1080x720(progressive) - try 1900x1200(Progressive) baby

Now i did not mean to rant there, the one advantage to consoles is there simplicity, put in a game play it take it out your done (no updates, configuring, tweaking, overclocking, patches, hardware confilcts etc etc) but isnt that most of the fun anyway, plus the graphics being insanley better on every level :)

I couldn't agree more. I have never bought a Console, but have played them all. I just couldn't get over the better graphics on my PC. I just continue to upgrade it, and wow.. the games are SO much better. If you haven't tried PC games on a REAL pc gaming comp, you need to. Better graphic cards, better sound cards, better processor cards. What more can you ask for?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited November 2005
    I like PC gaming and Console gaming about equally, but I imagine the PC game market will shrink... the only games for PCs I expect to play a lot a year from now are RTS games, which do not exist on consoles (Rise of Legends looks great), and maybe a few FPSs. The console market is getting freaking huge while the PC market is not really growing at all, so it is only a matter of time before PC gaming turns into a niche market. That is fine for some games, but consoles are going to be the only place to get big budget games pretty soon.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2005
    maybe, and perhaps not. pc's are continually upgraded. the newest hardware is available to them first. consoles have to wait every couple of years before being upgraded. but who knows where technology will take us. hell, perhaps pc's and consoles will be left outside the loop and in their place, maybe some virtual reality games like what you see in movies. total recall, minority report, etc.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited November 2005
    That's why i love technology! We have no idea where it will take us!!! But in the meantime, i have to agree that the PC market isn't shrinking at all... There are a ton of RPG's that are hitting the market soon, as well as great FPS. RTS is also fairly large. But regardless.. whatever tickles your fancy, enjoy!!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier