what are your thoughts on this sub amp??

Options
Handyhaver
Handyhaver Posts: 66
I am toying with the idea of building a sonosub. I found these amps on ebay and was wondering if they would be suficiant enough to drive a 12" shiva. Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

Mark

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369407485
You can check out any time you like..,
but you can never leave...........
Post edited by Handyhaver on

Comments

• dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited July 2002
    Options
    PE has their 250W amps on ebay sometimes.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited July 2002
    Options
    You don't want those.....40 watts or some such....:rolleyes:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • Handyhaver
    Handyhaver Posts: 66
    edited July 2002
    Options
    That's what I thought. I won't have any time for this project for about a month or so. I'm going to have to go for one of the 250 watt plate amp that most seem to use.

I'm really looking forward to this project. My psw650 really rocks, but when I add a sonosub to my system,.........look out!!!!!!!!!!!!

More power arrr!! arrr!! arrr!!
    You can check out any time you like..,
    but you can never leave...........
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited August 2002
    Options
    HSU Research www.hsuresearch.com sells the 250 RMS watt plate amp that powers their VTF-3 sub.

HSU also will be shortly selling a 500 watt RMS 2 channel amp designed for two subs.

SVS www.svsubwoofers.com sells the Samson S700 (300+ WPC RMS) and S1000 (500+ WPC RMS) 2 channel sub amps that are touring style and are very nice. Check the B-Stock - you might find a great deal there.

Also, see Ron-P's website - he has done a DIY sub with a separate plate amp, and there are a lot of details there, including the type of amp and the enclosure he built for it.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS