Dodd ELP and MLP on sale

Options
2»

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2005
    Options
    How do you like the ELP lomic? Did you get it direct from Gary or TG? I remeber our discussions about the HT Pass :) , bet it was much clearer when you hooked it up than trying to type out how it worked. :D

RT1
  • lomic
    lomic Posts: 407
    edited November 2005
    Options
    It fixed everything I considered wrong with my system. I attribute any weaknesses now to the room the system is in, and unfortunately that can't be fixed due to housemates ;)

It was direct from Gary and everything went without a hitch. Though I didn't really care for the NOS Amperex tubes he included - but I'm really diggin' the new JJ/Tesla 6DJ8's I got - unbelievable detail. Probably not a lot of Alice in Chains fans around here, but the guitar recording on their MTV unplugged performance with these tubes blows my mind.
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited November 2005
    Options
    lomic wrote:
    It fixed everything I considered wrong with my system. I attribute any weaknesses now to the room the system is in, and unfortunately that can't be fixed due to housemates ;)

It was direct from Gary and everything went without a hitch. Though I didn't really care for the NOS Amperex tubes he included - but I'm really diggin' the new JJ/Tesla 6DJ8's I got - unbelievable detail. Probably not a lot of Alice in Chains fans around here, but the guitar recording on their MTV unplugged performance with these tubes blows my mind.
    i love all forms of acoustic guitar and the Alice In Chains MTV live unplugged recording is really a great sounding album. i am glad that you like the Dodd ELP and i have heard alot of good things about the ELP,MLP and reference preamplifiers both here at club Polk and also over at the audiocircles. have you tried rolling any other tubes in the ELP ? thanks....WCW III
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2005
    Options
    lomic wrote:
    Though I didn't really care for the NOS Amperex tubes he included -

Hey, I'll trade some of my tubes for those Amperex. Pm me and I can let you know what I have available for trade :) .
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2005
    Options
    lomic wrote:

Glad it worked out so well for you. Yea, I like the JJ its the best of tubes I have rolled so far, I have some coming though to try. I have used my JJ to the extent they are fading but I will order some more. If you do any classical they are great as well as jazz and blues.

RT1