Carver Silver 9t monoblocks

Nbhat
Nbhat Posts: 7
edited November 2005 in Flea Market
Carver Silver 9t monoblock power amplifiers. (2) Sound quality is amazing. Good exterior condition. Couple of minor scratches on the amps, but nothing noticeable. Operationally flawless. I have the acryillic bases as well. 575 wpc into 8 ohms. 900 wpc into 4. $1400.

My father originally bought these in the early/mid 90s. Passed them down to me about 7 years ago. I powered Carver Amazings with them. But, moved to NY and they are just too big for my shoebox apt. Unfortunately, the Amazings are still out on the west coast, so I can't sell them at this time. But the amps are available.

NBhat
Post edited by Nbhat on

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2005
    Hello Nbhat. Welcome to Club Polk.

It would help us if you would post pictures of your equipment, and settle on a firm price.

We do not bid against each other here on the forum. Thanks.

Good luck with your sale.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2005
    Also we discourage posting here and Audiogon at the same time as your ad is on the Gon. You see this an audio club, not really anything like the Gon or E-bay. Generally, our member will post here first then at a reduced "club" rate, if the item does not sell then it goes to the bidding sites.

RT1
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2005
    I love the Art Deco style of those amps. Something "Batmanish" about them.

Ted, how you liking your three?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • reeltrouble1
    edited November 2005
    These remind me of the muscle cars of the 70's, they can purr so nice, then step on the gas and wham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are great amps very dynamic, I really enjoy the light show they put on. The woodshed rig has never sounded better. I am trying to find someone with a single who wants to sell it so I will have four of them. I am thinking I can common ground them with a wire and use them to run my SRS.

Come on nbhat cut one these of Polkies a break on this pair, they look marvelous.

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited November 2005
    BTW,

We have alot of West Coast guys who would likely take the Amazings if you want to move them.

RT1
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2005
    Those are really nice! I sure wish I had a pair. :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Nbhat
    Nbhat Posts: 7
    edited November 2005
    These remind me of the muscle cars of the 70's, they can purr so nice, then step on the gas and wham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are great amps very dynamic, I really enjoy the light show they put on. The woodshed rig has never sounded better. I am trying to find someone with a single who wants to sell it so I will have four of them. I am thinking I can common ground them with a wire and use them to run my SRS.

Come on nbhat cut one these of Polkies a break on this pair, they look marvelous.

RT1
    Okay, I will sell them to the Polkies for $1300.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2005
    You should try this site www.audiogon.com, as it's fun for the whole family!

You won't sell them here, at that price, as it's HIGH. Thanks for stopping by, I'm sure we'll never see you again.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited November 2005
    The ad is on the Gon, We already talked about that with hat. Well a hundred bucks off is a start, dont know though if its enough for anyone here to pull the trigger. Plus you have to realize your not a known factor right now. BTW, why do you even want to sell your Dad's amps, no attachment?

RT1
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Just for referrence, a set of three of these things just sold for $1800, meaning $600 each or $1200 if it were just a pair. And they were in perfect condition, IIRC, and yours have marks. So considering that and the nature of this board, $1300 is still high.

Good luck, though.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited November 2005
    well we know people have listed on the gon and here, price is in the eye of the beholder and either you guys want him to sell them here or get lost.. first ya tell em to sell em on e-bay or the Gon and then try and make deals for the amps, I'm confused. :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • reeltrouble1
    edited November 2005
    yep :D

We want them, just we want them on the cheap!!!

I dont think he's a bad guy or anything, these were something like over a grand each new, maybe 1200, at least I think thats right, if not someone correct me, he's got the acrylic bases fwiw. Yes, make up your own mind. Its just that its hard for a brand new member, an unknown quantity, to sell fairly high dollar gear in the FM.

I know its been done posting on the Gon and here and its not the worst sin in the world. Its just not something I would do. He had them on the Gon before his ad here, he is not familiar with us or the FM.

RT1
  • faster100
    edited November 2005
    well agreed, I wouldnt spend that money on a new member.. But what amount makes ya feel safer? none to me.. ya either trust em or ya pass.. ya take that risk, But nickle dimeing him(not you personally) to just say nah i don't trust ya is another thing. Id say pass unless he has credentials.. no matter what the deal..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2005
    -deleted-
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • faster100
    edited November 2005
    -deleted-
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2005
    Love is in the air...................
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • faster100
    edited November 2005
    -deleted-
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • reeltrouble1
    edited November 2005
    Well now nbhat welcome to the family would you like us to drop by, unannounced. :eek:

RT1
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2005
    -deleted-
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • reeltrouble1
    edited November 2005
    I thought she was the Leader of the Pack. vroomm vrooom.

If this is a rat pack I wanna be Dino.

RT1
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2005
    audiobliss wrote:
    Just for referrence, a set of three of these things just sold for $1800, meaning $600 each or $1200 if it were just a pair. And they were in perfect condition, IIRC, and yours have marks. So considering that and the nature of this board, $1300 is still high.

Good luck, though.

That was a very special price. They would have gone for $2100 on audiogon. Not everyone is going to offer you guys bargain basement prices all the time. $650 each is a good deal!

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2005
    There is no reason ANYONE should be posting a reply if you aren't interested in the item this guy is selling. I'm sick of seeing this pissing match you guys perform every day to people just trying to sell something. Jesus!

I guess I'm going to have to set some RULES down for the flea market, even though I don't want to (thinking you would just use some common sense in posting).

Angry. :mad:

~Justin
This discussion has been closed.