For all the female voice lovers......

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited November 2005 in Music & Movies
Last week I was travelling and Delta had featured the latest CD by Madeleine Peyroux; I had never heard of her, but I ordered the CD.....Loved that voice.

You can take a peek here....

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=3086170

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2005
    agreed, she is good. It really reminds me of Billie Haliday kinda voice.

have you heard Ana Caram? Rossa Passos?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2005
    polkatese wrote:
    agreed, she is good. It really reminds me of Billie Haliday kinda voice.

have you heard Ana Caram? Rossa Passos?

No...but I'll have them in my list of candidates as I build my collection :)

So far I have and love Diana Krall, Cassandra Wilson, Jane Monheit and I am adding Madeleine...

Edit: Forgot Eliane Elias......

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • mhw58
    mhw58 Posts: 359
    edited November 2005
    Let me add Eva Cassidy to the list, she was incredible! Start with 'Songbird'
    and you'll be amazed, she does a gorgeous rendition of 'Over the rainbow'.
    Mike
    Fronts: SDA1C's
    Rears: SDA2's
    Center:CS400i
    Sub: PSW505
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2005
    a couple more names for your collections:

Cheryl Bentyne (Manhattan Transfers vocalist)
    Tierney Suttons
    Gabriela Anders
    Neena Freelon

These ladies can sing!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2005
    Gretchen Lieberum.................. and only because noone has mentioned the aquired taste of Patricia Barber.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2005
    Patricia Barber is aces!!!

Susan Tedeshi
    Jonatha Brooke

RT1
  • Nbhat
    Nbhat Posts: 7
    edited November 2005
    Sorry to bother, I am new to the forum. I have a dumb question...How do you start a new thread?
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2005
    One more....April Barrows; sweet voice.

SOPA
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2005
    Try Dianne Reeves -- the reigning queen of jazz vocalists.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."