an [B]AMAZING[B] thing

Options
reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited October 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
A couple shots of the new Woodshed Rig. Have been fiddling with placement and smiling all night.

Of course a big thanks to Troy with an assist from Dave. Sorry, cant say if he teared up, but it was a truly tough seperation.

RT1
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Soooo,Are those 1c's moving to the Flea Market anytime soon?
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Soooo,Are those 1c's moving to the Flea Market anytime soon?

the vultures are circling :p:p:p:p

glad those amazings stayed in the group. have fun with em
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Congrats, man!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2005
    Options
    They look great!!

Notice how those grey panels have changed from a pukey shade of blue/green to a blood red already. They are very adaptable speakers. :D
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2005
    Options
    For most of us its hard to say goodbye to a set of SDA, but yes, the 1C's have been spoken for and will be leaving. :(

Blood Red? Well what good is a ManCave without a little blood on the walls!!! :eek:

RT1

I am pretty BDT is filing for visitation rights, supervised of course. :D
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Go head, Big Daddy... You gonna have you some fun ;)

You're gonna need to toe 'em in a little bit.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Good on ya. If mama would have said go I would have been in Twin heaven for a long time. I have to say they are the most stiking pair of speakers to look at.

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Right on Ant-ony!! I toed them in a bit after the shots. Pretty big difference in imaging. Still running the NAD mono with the ELP, they handled the load just fine with plenty of reserve headroom for the transients. The clarity is well, Amazing, nothing muddled, voices are seperated, if you sing off key in a group, well, the Amazings will expose you. During track 1 of "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" the tune where the prisoners are driving the spikes I felt like I was in the Chain Gang, you could sense the power of each hammer strike. Later the Acapelo tunes were fully involving, yea, its a visceral experience all right. Acoustical instruments are full bodied. Troy has reviewed these ad nauseum so I guess thats enough. But like he said "Feels good to have two world class rigs to listen to at anytime." BTW both Troy and Dave enjoyed the demo of the MLP with the tele smooth plates and the SRS. It was a pleasure having both of them over for a bit.

Am considering dropping a drape behind each speaker. Carver manual recommends this, anybody have this? I would be interested to get your thoughts.

Henry--Give my best to the wife, understand you allowed her to use the power of veto for what turned out to be my benefit. Getting new toys is a wonderful thing!!

RT1 :D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Big Ted,

First and foremost, it was a true pleasure to visit (for far too short a time but know I know how close he is....) chez Shimkus and his lovely wife and adorable grandson. Nicer people hard pressed to find.

Glad you are enjoying them and I'm even happier that they are staying en famile (sp)......just a LITTLE separation anxiety (ok, a lot ;) )

I'd toe 'em in an inch or two and, yes, damp that rear wall and/or experiment with damping the ribbon. The subsequent versions of the Amazings came with a strip of felt attached to the rear of the ribbon. Something to play with.

Glad you bagged 'em broham. Take care of them (I know you will!) and when/if the time to move them comes....l might want them back!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Now that is NICE!!!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mldennison
    mldennison Posts: 307
    edited October 2005
    Options
    jeez, if that is your woodshed, i would like to see the inside of your house.

my woodshed has some tools and a compost heap in it...
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Looking good, Ted!
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Whoa! BDT's giant speakers! They look great. Now those are manly speakers! Congrats.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Hehehe yep, manly man speakers, no girly man gear in the shed.

RT1
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Ted's rig truely has a pair of NADs
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Yes, Ted has NADs. organ used to have NADS....but I think we now have an organ with no NADs...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2005
    Options
    shack wrote:
    Yes, Ted has NADs. organ used to have NADS....but I think we now have an organ with no NADs...

Unik, huh??
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2005
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Unik, huh??
    I belive you are mean a EUNUCH.....OUCH!

And BTW, I still have NADs...and they work very well. I used them just last night.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Thats right ShackDaddy we got NAD's and we know how to use them.

RT1
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2005
    Options
    LOL:D I still have my NAD gear. The seperates are in my parent's room but I'm still using the CD player. I'll probably get a NAD int for the LSi9 when I can find room for them.

And I was talking about audio gear there:).

Maurice
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Nice,

REAL nice!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,825
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Well, I seem to have missed this one until now. Ted, what can I say.......SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Ted, very nice man. i'm sure those sound Amazing. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Today was the first time I really had a chance to get into the shed and do some critical listening. Well, I am very pleased with the Amazing's. I had heard them at Troy's during PF04 and new they sounded teriffic but as time go's on memories fade. They absoulutely shine with classical, jazz, blues and blue grass, my genre choices today. At low volumes the absolute clarity and smoothness of the ribbons high's along with the solid bottom the 8 12" woofs deliver is shocking. Beethoven's Violin Concerto on Redbook left me, grinning stupidly from ear to ear :D , I actually had to stop this piece half way through its nearly 20 minute track to start over, I had heard this Concerto performed live by Zubin Meta in 1980 I believe it was, some twenty five or so years ago, I started over because I suddenly had the image of Meta standing in front of me, smiling as he did, the tones coming from the Amazings had taken me back. I had to hear it again, to make sure I was not somehow imagining things. Well, As AK sings, I've Got a New Favorite!!

Get the idea I like my new toys!! :D Your right ;) Thanks again Troy :)

RT1

Oh I am in the market though for a little better tube for the ELP, these speakers deserve everything you can give them. Something along the lines of a Amperex 7308 will do nicely.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2005
    Options
    PM me big poppa. I'll set you straight on the 6DJ8/6922 front. I've got plenty of Amperex, and some Brimar or Tungsgram that has your name on it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2005
    Options
    PM on its way, you Gotta love that RuSsman.

RT1
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Man Id love to hear them thangs...neighbor :D
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Well, get your wheels on with Hoosier and come on down. I think he's headed this way.

RT1