2124DVC Amp question

Options
coldrealms
coldrealms Posts: 46
edited October 2005 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I am trying to figure out which amp would be a perfect match with the 2124dvc sub. I prefer MTX amps as they have always been great, but I am new to DVC subs, i am kicking around the older series mtx amps the 311d or the 421d. I am gunshy with power ratings as I just fried my 2124svc because of too much power, gains set right but the amp was just WAY to big (mtx1501d) :D

If anyone has any experiance with any of the newer mtx amps I am willing to concider newer models too.

Thanks in advance
Post edited by coldrealms on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Good choice. MTX makes some of the best amps on the market.

The 421D would be a good match.

From the new lineup the TA3401 would work well.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2005
    Options
    gain tutorial so you don't blow up anything else :p
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • coldrealms
    coldrealms Posts: 46
    edited October 2005
    Options
    funny thing about the gains tutorial is I used it the when I got the last sub and amp setup and the sub (still in the mm12 box) started smoking wayYYYYY before any distortion could be detected. but the sub still worked wonderfully for about a year.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2005
    Options
    you had the mm124, which was known for powerhandling issues, so that's probably it... or it was burning off some sort of manufacturing residue... or you suck at hearing distortion :D...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs