Alien vr. Predator...

Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited July 2002 in Music & Movies
...get's a green light.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=799&e=3&cid=794&u=/eo/20020715/en_movies_eo/10246

If done right, this could be one kick-**** ride of a movie. Although with Paul Anderson at the helm, I have my doubts.

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2002
    What's the original story from the comic, Ron? How do the two meet?

Recall that in Predator II, in the final scene, when the camera pans around the skull-laden lair of the Predator there is a quick glimpse of an ALIEN Xenomorph skull on the wall. Did the Predator already win the fight?

What's the back story?

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2002
    I don't know the back story, never read the comic's. But, just because a Predator has an Alien skull does not mean the predator's have won the fight. Remember, humans killed Aliens as well, but have yet to win.

If...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2002
    The Alien in my opinion would win anyway. It's a killing machine, no thought to get in the way. (The Predator is obviously a thinker and has weapons. And I am IGNORING the idiocy from the last ALIEN movie where the Aliens seem to "think." That's stupid.) Like Ash says, it's a pure thing unencumbered by morals or thought. It simply kills. Plus, when it stays real still it looks like air conditioning ductwork. So "Predator-vision" is useless against it.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2002
    Plus, when it stays real still it looks like air conditioning ductwork. So "Predator-vision" is useless against it
    What about infrared? Speaking of which, has anyone ever played the computer game "Alien vs. Predator?" You get to be either species. It's quite cool. Anyway, that's my nickel's worth.

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2002
    Infrared operates off body heat, if, (I'm not sure) the aliens are cold blooded, the predator's infrared will not work, hence Micahs comment. Predator vision uses infrared. Remember Arnie in the mud going undetected?

If...
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2002
    Predator has several vision modes, one of which is infrared.

Aaron
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2002
    Predator has several vision modes, one of which is infrared.
    Good call Aaron, remember the meat warehouse scene in the second Predator.

Thanks Ron-P, you made my day. Many of use have been waiting for this forever. I am a big fan of both movies. Nice find.

I actually really liked Resident Evil - but I am a huge fan of the game series. I have all the action figures for both Alien and Predator - but since they were overly produced because of the popularity they are not worth much. They look really cool though. :cool:
  • Ron-P
    edited July 2002
    Did not know about the vision modes. I cannot remember jack about the second installment. Saw it once, in theaters and that was enough.

If...
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2002
    The second one has not made it to dvd yet, for some reason. Austraila has it though.
    I liked it more than the first one. Danny Glover kicks a$$ in it.:)