edited October 2005 in Video Games
ive just pre ordered my copy and i cant wait, i love these games :D
Post edited by Driver on

Comments

• lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited October 2005
    Options
    You won't be dissapointed, no matter how high your expectations are. Without question, it is one of the best games this generation.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2005
    Options
    lanion wrote:
    You won't be dissapointed, no matter how high your expectations are. Without question, it is one of the best games this generation.

Have you played it??? does it come out for PC soon too???
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2005
    Options
    lanion wrote:

Heh, that REALLY depends on what your definition of a good game is, doesn't it? I'm sure the OP will like it.
  • BrentMcGhee
    BrentMcGhee Posts: 548
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I bought this game a few months ago being a die hard resident evil fan from the begining and while it was a very good game, dont expect it to be very resident evil like. The game is very straight forward, your never confused about where to go or what to do next. The game is very linear. The very few puzzles that are in the game are nothing like what i have become used to with the earlier resident evil games. Infact i can only really think of two puzzles that were in the entire game.

But i guess this is what i kind of expected from the game ever since the very first one the games have been becoming more and more like a first person shooter, moving away from the puzzles, strategy, mystery solving, and the very deep and rich plot involvment that made me first fall in love with the series.

However i have still played every resident evil game that were quote un-quote part of the main plot (zero, 1, 2, nemesis, veronica and now 4.) I have stood clear of the blatent first person shooters that capcom has realeased under the resident evil name like dead-aim and such. And i must say, even though this game only has a very slight resident evil feel to it (extreme lack of a meaningfull plot that tied in no way whatsoever to the the previous events of the other games, plus the wrigting was pretty bad but with pretty decent voice acting) it was still a very fun to play. The new camera angle and aiming system that they use is quite akward at first but it really plays nicely into the game and you wonder why no other game have ever used a systm like this. Plus this whole new aspect of being able to be killed during what appears to be a cutscene unless you push certain buttons that pop up on the screen quickly enough really gives the game that extra bit of excitement and unpredictability.

HAHA, wow i just realised i felt like i was wrighting a review for like a gaming magazine or something.... well i guess than to keep that feel all the way to the end;

As a resident evil game i give it a 3/5
    but rating it as a game by it self i would have to give it a 5/5

Great game! Especially becasue you do not need to have played the previous games in the series to really enjoy this one. Actually not playing the originals of the series would make this game even better.
  • lanion
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Have you played it??? does it come out for PC soon too???

The game came out for GameCube in January, so I played it a long time ago. It will not come out on PC.

It is very different from the other RE games, but I think that's good since the series has started to stagnate recently. I've purchased the recent ones only to get bored with annoying puzzles, so I never finished RE:Code Veronica or RE:zero.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • BrentMcGhee
    BrentMcGhee Posts: 548
    edited October 2005
    Options
    lanion wrote:
    The game came out for GameCube in January, so I played it a long time ago. It will not come out on PC.

It is very different from the other RE games, but I think that's good since the series has started to stagnate recently. I've purchased the recent ones only to get bored with annoying puzzles, so I never finished RE:Code Veronica or RE:zero.

HAHA that is funny.... i was just complaining about the lack of puzzles in my previos post and then you say that you like it that way. O well each to there own. I enjoyed the more complex and intricate gameplay of the previous ones (especially the puzzles in veronica, they were the hardest of all the games to date) either way though resident evil 4 is still an amazingly great game, i just find it hard to call it resident evil if you know what i mean.
  • lanion
    edited October 2005
    Options
    HAHA that is funny.... i was just complaining about the lack of puzzles in my previos post and then you say that you like it that way. O well each to there own. I enjoyed the more complex and intricate gameplay of the previous ones (especially the puzzles in veronica, they were the hardest of all the games to date) either way though resident evil 4 is still an amazingly great game, i just find it hard to call it resident evil if you know what i mean.

Yeah, that is totally fair. It isn't really a RE game. I mean, there arn't even any zombies. But, Resident Evil 5 looks like it is taking the same mold as Resident Evil 4, so this looks to be the future of the series. For old school RE action, it looks like Condemned for Xbox360 will fit the bill better.

HT: