Will they hold up

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I had a pair of polk dx 10's stollen about half a year ago.....so i moved to a pair of JL w3 d2 10's...i had a Rockford Fosgate 600a4 running the jl and a few days ago i bought a RF BD1000.1......i had the gains at about 55% and i blew the jls in about a day....so i took them back and got a new pair....welli decided to sell one of the the jl's and i bought the last 2 Dx 10's from crutchfield for a serioulsly low price of 140 for the pair......:) ......i just had to smile for that one.....i wanted to know if the DX 10's will hold up .......in about a few months i'm gonna add the last jl to my system and run all 3 at about 1.6 ohms mono......hopefully the amp will hold up..........Will the DX 10's hold up?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited July 2002
    Options
    i have the same amp powering my 2 mm120s
    i was told to keeping "Punch Bass" set to zero. This will result in a cleaner, more detailed bass response. The "Punch Bass" is a 40 Hertz bass boost that has a range of 0 to 18 dB of gain at this frequency. I was recommended not to use it unless absolutely necessary. It causes
    greater power consumption from the battery depending on the listening level. Plus if used in the circuit when played at louder listening levels, this can stress the suspension of the
    woofers. So that might be why youre speakers blew...
    Kim told me all that
    -Cody