Detailed SRT Information?

Options
Nexus
Nexus Posts: 3
edited October 2005 in Vintage Speakers
I’ve always been fascinated by the SRT’s. Does anyone have any detailed information on them? Close up photos? It looks like most of the specs where removed from the main Polk site. I've searched the forums and found some good threads but I was hoping for a little more.

I’m looking for detailed specifications on the front satellites. Cabinet size, speaker configuration, internal bracing, ohm ratings, crossover details, etc. Did they ever publish an internal cutaway photo? Does anyone still have the original product literature? If so, could you scan and email me a copy?

Also, why was half of the driver array SDA and the other half not?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Nexus on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2005
    Options
    http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/srtsystem/

I do see there's nothing under specifications... Can't really help you there. All I can tell you is that they're very visually impressive, and sound like NOTHING ELSE!!!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,833
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Try the search function.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nexus
    edited October 2005
    Options
    F1, I did use the search and found several good threads on the SRT as mentioned in my first post. Unfortunately, none answered my questions.. hence this post.

I see that some people have repainted them. I’m wondering what the cabinets were constructed of (MDF)? Were there any internal baffles or braces for the drivers? How were the speaker array’s wired (series or parallel)? How many Ohms were the mids (8 or 4)?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,833
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Well, damn if you didn't. My apologies.

Most of what you seek is unknown. However, I can answer a few. The cabinets are MDF covered in ash, stained black. Rated a nominal 8 ohms. Capable of putting out 125dB and each set came with a SPL meter.
    Also, why was half of the driver array SDA and the other half not?

All SDA speakers have stereo drivers and SDA drivers, it's the only way it works. However, unlike all the other SDA's, the SRT's have an external SDA control box.

Sounds to me like you want to build a pair. Just wait, they come up on ePay and Audiogon from time to time and in the end, it'll be the cheaper route.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nexus
    edited October 2005
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Sounds to me like you want to build a pair. Just wait, they come up on ePay and Audiogon from time to time and in the end, it'll be the cheaper route.

I was considering it. I’ve done a few DIY speaker projects and this sounded like something fun to tackle... if I could gather enough information. :rolleyes: