DIY Restoration Project

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited October 2005 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I've had this Pioneer CT-F900 cassette deck for about 20 years in a box in the basement. I finally got the urge to buy all new rubber for it (belts, bands, o-rings, brakes and pulleys) and do a restoration project. Of course I lubricated and re-alligned the heads etc while I had it apart. The unit looks and operates like a new machine now. It was a lot of fun!
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    Where did you get all your stuff to do the rehab? I need to do the same for my CT-F650. It drags when starting up and new belts are in order. It plays great once it gets going.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2005
    Hmm...never thought of using Jose Cuervo as a cleaning agent.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • madmax
    edited September 2005
    I ordered a kit of the rubber parts awhile back from a guy on ebay. Just search for "pioneer belt" or your model. No need to do it right now, I just tried but you can find them somewhere. It took me about 6 hours to do mine but I did a lot of cleaning and stuff.

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2005
    I did the same restore on my ct f1250, I also have a ct f850 that needs a break down and the same treatment. The hardest part is going to be getting the old belt out of the machine as it is meltdown condition right now and will be a real mess to deal with. I will say that the 1250 was a friggin bear to work on.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • madmax
    edited October 2005
    I will say that the 1250 was a friggin bear to work on.

This one is just like the 1250 on the insides. Yep, bear describes it. By the time I was done I was quite irritable. It is so rewarding when completed though.

madmax

• Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited October 2005
    wow very nice work!

Congrats on a job well done

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50