WTB: Several Items

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
edited September 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I've decided to put together a modest 2 channel system for the bedroom, and am looking to score good deals on the various components.

This actually started with me deciding to buy that little TEAC amp (thanks Hoosier) and has escalated from there. This is probably bad form, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any gear they'd consider unloading. I've got alot going on and really can't dedicate much $$ to putting this together, but I think I should be able to build a decent setup for not much cash.

Here's what I've got:
Preamp - Monarchy Audio basic passive (1 input, 1 output & volume pot)
Amp - TEAC A-L700P Class T amp (thanks Hoosier)
Cables

Here's what I need:
Speakers - Something along the lines of the newer monitor series, maybe an older RT model. Would prefer a cherry or oak type finish, but not necessary. Doesn't have to be Polk, will consider other brands. These are going to be in a room with nice furniture, so they need to be in good condition. Price - I'd like to keep around $150 - $200
CD Player - Doesn't have to be super high-end, but the typical Sony/Denon/Pioneer/etc isn't quite what I'm looking for either. Something along the lines of that NAD CD540 dorokusai has for sale in the flea market would do the trick. This will be out of sight, so it doesn't have to be pretty. I actually have a CDP I can use and may decide to use that one instead and put that money on speakers, but we'll see what comes up... Price - I'd like to keep this at $100 or below.

I'm probably looking to buy in the next couple weeks or so. Please don't put yourself out or go out of your way to locate something, I just wanted to post this and see if anyone has some gear they wanna unload.

Feel free to PM me to let me know what you have, but any deals will be made public and posted here.

Thanks
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2005
    I have a really nice, HEAVY, Denon CDP you would like w/ original users manual.....and are you into bookshelf speakers? I have some kickass bookies I MAY unload....but am undecided tonight.

I MAY even have the best small system available period, a Denon UD-M50 with Mission speakers....but that's killing me to move.

FYI, it's not bad form at all....if you need something you need to talk to the right people :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    RT25's would be nice.....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2005
    Tell me more about the Denon CDP...

Bookshelf speakers are good by me, I can always build stands for them...whaddya got?

I'm most interested in piecing this together with that amp and passive that I am getting as I want to start experimenting with mixing in amps and preamps in the near future, so I won't ask you to give up the Denon/Mission system :)

I want this system to sound good, but it's just as much about experience of trying out different gear as it is about good sound - I just want something a little different, if that makes any sense.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    dorokusai wrote:
    RT25's would be nice.....
    Yes they are. Well....actually the RT25is are nice....but I bet RT25s are too...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Arent those (RT25i) the predecessor or the RTi4?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    MacLeod wrote:
    Arent those (RT25i) the predecessor or the RTi4?

Yes, with one model in between. "The RTi28 is the successor to the famed RT25i, winner of Stereophile Magazine's 2001 Budget Component of the Year Award. " (from Polk website)

RT25 > RT25i > RTi28 > RTi4
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2005
    I've got a Yamaha CDC 505 or some such, 5 disc changer you can HAVE if you want to pick it up.

Speaker wise, I have a pair of AR 206HO Shelf jobbies in Maple - 9/10, original owner. $50 takes them away with your free CD player. (6.5" ported 2-way, binding posts)

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Well, you can't get any better than that... :)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2005
    Well damn Russ, that's a generous offer - of course I'll take them. I'll PM you later on today when i get in to work.

Guys, I'm still up for anything else you may have also, especially in terms of speakers. Like I said, this is more about experimentation and and fun of trying out different stuff. The great deal that Russ offered me leaves me enough $ left to maybe snag a second set of speaks or a second CD player...
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2005
    Russman presents....Yamaha CD player karma....Qualifications: Your username must be Polkmaniac! :D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2005
    fireshoes wrote:
    Russman presents....Yamaha CD player karma....Qualifications: Your username must be Polkmaniac! :D

Quick! Lemme change my username!!!

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2005
    That's funny...
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2005
    Okay, one bump in case anyone missed it the first time. Russ is hooking me up with a CDP and some speaks, but I'm still looking.

At this point I'm most interested in speakers in the $200 price range, but won't pass up a good CDP if I can afford it.
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited September 2005
    I MIGHT be ready to unload an NAD C521 CD player, but I'm having trouble getting myself to part with it... :confused:

No guarantees, just throwing it out there...
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2005
    Cool, if you decide to part with it, just let me know...

thanks