Minority Report

PETERNG
PETERNG Posts: 918
edited July 2002 in Music & Movies
If you expect this is one of the best and big blockbuster of this summer, well I do not think so, the movie keep me going for the first hour but then I almost fall in sleep for the last 45 minutes of the movie, even the some of the futuristic scenes and special effect look like crap, the mono tone of color looks dead. Don't listen to those crap reviews on the newspaper, go and watch it for yourself. Matt Damon and Nicolas Cage did a whole lot better job than Tom Cruise and Steven Speiberg combined. I am not even worry about what is the released date for this movie on DVD, two thumbs down ...folks...
Post edited by PETERNG on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2002
    After AI, I say EFF Spielturd......

-R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • solace
    solace Posts: 7
    edited July 2002
    I totally disagree. Minority Report is an intruiging captivating well writen movie and directed movie. I do admit the first part is rather generic but the 2nd half is suspensefull. Did u see "bourne identity". The vague ending drove me crazy. I love how Speilberg describes the story in a slowly unvealing intricate story line. GREAT movie.
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited July 2002
    wow..I thought Minority report was one of the best Sci-Fi movies Ive seen since Blade Runner
  • NDTA
    NDTA Posts: 83
    edited July 2002
    I thought the movie is very slow and nothing in it is unpredictable, it's an ok movie for mid-night snack, but I don's want to spend more than two hours in the summer time to watch this one, wait for it comes out on DVD, then rent and watch it, don't buy it those cause I doubt you will watch it twice, I do agree with Peter that the special effects looks kinda poor, with Steven, you will expect more than that, anyway, to see is to believe....
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited July 2002
    Solace,

The reason for the "vague" ending in the Bourne Identity is because there will be 2 more movies.

There are three books totaling about 2500 written pages.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2002
    saw minority report last night very good movie,in a very good theater.rave theaters

scott:cool:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2002
    So, Scott, you send flason his amp yet?

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you want to keep it and are paying him back in installments.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2002
    He's like the **** plaque, but worse.....

Piss off Scott
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited July 2002
    He sent the money 10 days ago....lost in the mail again
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2002
    Scott Trigg
    1917 Woodhaven Dr.
    Ft. Wayne, IN 46819

Just in case anyone happens to be 'in the neighborhood'......

-R
  • TroyD
    edited July 2002
    Scott,

Did the theater make you pay for the tickets up front and then decide to not give them to you and tell you they would pay you back in installments? Or did you have them on layaway for a few months?

BDT
  • flason
    flason Posts: 278
    edited July 2002
    At least the theater got some of his money. I've got nothin'. I'm calling the Indiana State Attorney in Ft. Wayne today.

I forgot to add that I liked the movie. Spielberg has come a long way from ET.
  • PETERNG
    edited July 2002
    Well, since he didn't wait until the movie move to the "dollar" movie, he probably used the "90 days same as cash" option.
  • TroyD
    edited July 2002
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

You da man, Peter, you da man!

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2002
    Scott Trigg
    1917 Woodhaven Dr.
    Ft. Wayne, IN 46819

Anyone have a phone number?

Good one Pete, getting your humor on.... Remeber when Pete first got here? He was all uptight, Monster salesman, now look at him. Oh, and Pete, I am having the C40 now. (its made the rounds)

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    edited July 2002
    Yeah, Russ is having the C40 and now is getting all wangotango with the fisher integrated....

Man, a brotha needs his V/U's

BDT
  • weavercr
    weavercr Posts: 289
    edited July 2002
    He spent the shipping money for Flason's amp......Scott I have a friend heading up you way in 2 weeks , do you want him to pick up the amp, I will then ship it to Flason free of charge to you. Unlike you I value my word.

Russ you like the C40? I did, its better that the newer yammies.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2002
    Man, anyone get the plate # on that bus?

I'll try to get it boxed tonight broham, the thing weighs a TON, and I want to pack it to widthstand an atomic blast....

Maybe a 'pro' could help me? Someone who deals with opening and closing boxes for a living? Someone certified in Foam Inserts or some such.

I dunno, just a thought.

Cheers,
    Russ

Yeah, it's mated to the Carver m200t, running the whole-house rig, works like a charm, I dig it.
  • TroyD
    edited July 2002
    Charlie,

I doubt that we'll get any reply from Scott, however if it were to shake out like that, I'll halve the shipping with you.

Russ,
    Be careful, you got to be certified to operate those box cutters. I wouldn't want the thought of some untrained **** cutting his finger off on my conscience.

Troy
  • PETERNG
    edited July 2002
    Folks

It takes two to tango, but don't waiste your time to "tango" with the "wango man"(the man who gave Indiana a bad name), your head will spin faster than your feet and it will be your last tango in hell.

Thanx, Troy

Russ, I'm still feeling uncomfortable about the C40, since you didn't pick it up, the UPS guy did a screw up job, Charlie didn't receive it in the condition that it should be. I'm sorry Charlie, I will make it up to you next time, may be I will get tire of my M45 by then.
  • PETERNG
    edited July 2002
    By the way, this is no longer a "minority report", it becomes a "major" one now
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2002
    Hey Pete, other than Troy's greasy fried-chicken fingerprints on the buttons, it seems to be in great shape, no problems here....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • PETERNG
    edited July 2002
    Oh man...of course, Troy loves chicken fingers so much, he never use his gloves:lol:
  • TroyD
    edited July 2002
    I actually prefer the KFC original recipe for the lube factor....

BDT
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2002
    Thru all this, I'm most shocked by this line: "one of the best Sci-Fi movies Ive seen since Blade Runner." So, you're saying that MINORITY REPORT is as good as BLADE RUNNER? Oh no. It just isn't so. I don't even have to see the Speilberg thing to know it just isn't so.

I wish Speilberg, and a host of other hollywoodland people, would just stop spilling their rehashed dreck on us. I wish we'd stop buying it, and send a message that quality is what we want. I just can't watch Speilberg movies anymore. They suck. He's not all that. His great achievements are fleeting and long gone. JAWS. Period.

And altho I liked BOURNE IDENTITY (because I was jonesin' for a good spy thriller), I was lamed out by the hollywood ending. The last 60 seconds could have been cut off for a far more unpredictable and satisfying movie. Matt Damon's head is HUGE.

My 2 effing cents, eh?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited July 2002
    Originally posted by Micah
    Thru all this, I'm most shocked by this line: "one of the best Sci-Fi movies Ive seen since Blade Runner." So, you're saying that MINORITY REPORT is as good as BLADE RUNNER? Oh no. It just isn't so. I don't even have to see the Speilberg thing to know it just isn't so.

I wish Speilberg, and a host of other hollywoodland people, would just stop spilling their rehashed dreck on us. I wish we'd stop buying it, and send a message that quality is what we want. I just can't watch Speilberg movies anymore. They suck. He's not all that. His great achievements are fleeting and long gone. JAWS. Period.

And altho I liked BOURNE IDENTITY (because I was jonesin' for a good spy thriller), I was lamed out by the hollywood ending. The last 60 seconds could have been cut off for a far more unpredictable and satisfying movie. Matt Damon's head is HUGE.

My 2 effing cents, eh?

MC

Micah-I made the Blade Runner reference..It an opinion thats all..and I didnt say it was as good ..i said it was the best SINCE Blade Runner..most sci fi has been nothing but showcase for Arnolds bad acting or moronic plots like Armageddon....But then again you Liked Bourne Identity ..read the books..they are a whole lot better
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2002
    I could never get thru the Ludlum books -- even tho I like stuff like Graham Greene, I found the Ludlum stuff too dense. I'll try again.

I guess when you talk sci-fi, maybe there hasn't been much going on since BR. What WAS good? The ALIEN sequels? I can't imagine that a Speilberg movie would be in the same breath as BR. But I also can't think of any sci-fi stuff since BR that's worth writing home about... Anyone?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • PETERNG
    edited July 2002
    Hey, you know what! the best or worst, I really don't care, the true matter is: I can't watch this movie twice, and what about the "Bourne ID", hell yes, I can watch this summer JB type of movie more than one...but don't worry about it Micah, the DVD will have the alternate ending.

Just like Micah said: not everybody runs in the movie but actually Steven is running out of gas.:D
  • PETERNG
    edited July 2002
    Originally posted by TroyD
    I actually prefer the KFC original recipe for the lube factor....

BDT

Wow... man...what can I say! you're so ...deep...:) sometimes I just wonder what the heck they invent the soap for?:D
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited July 2002
    Anyone: Does the Blade Runner Director's Cut have DD 5.1 or is it still Dolby Pro Logic?
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS