Musical Fidelity A3cr pre amp

Options
hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited September 2005 in Flea Market
Sold

Same one I buoght from Steve here: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30758

Same condition, same price.

I have paypal, please ad for the fee, and buyer pays shipping.
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Jeeze, man, it seems like you are getting FARTHER away from building a rig. You are supposed to be GETTING gear, you know?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hoosier21
    edited September 2005
    Options
    headphones only is where I am going. :eek:

I got another preamp.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • hoosier21
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Sold - Thanks Madmax
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited September 2005
    Options
    You won't be disappointed in the condition of this pre...just ask Hoosier
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited September 2005
    Options
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Sold - Thanks Madmax
    madmax, does that mean you're ready to sell me your Audible Illusions pre? ;)
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2005
    Options
    tryrrthg wrote:
    madmax, does that mean you're ready to sell me your Audible Illusions pre? ;)

I could consider anything but my purpose for this preamp is to add a little more gain to the output of my phono stage. It is a little lower than the CD and XM. Just seems annoying when you switch sources.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • steveinaz
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Glad to see this pre stay in the family. Enjoy.

Max, you're just the man to fix that tuner input as well. Just needs to be re-soldered to the board. The MF requires "tamper proof" style torx wrench (#5 I think...). I've seen a set on the net for about $7 bucks. Hook it up, you'll have a hellava preamp for years to come.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • madmax
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I looked for the torx tamperproof style torx wrenches at home depot last night with no luck.

Man, I just got done reading reviews on this preamp. I'm impressed with what people think of it. Funny how I always read the reviews AFTER a purchase. I was just going to use it for a few db's of gain for my phono signal but after reading the reviews it sounds like I'm going to have to at least try it out as a main preamp. Hmmm... maybe for the Carver Amazing/Silver9t setup I've been considering. I keep looking at the pictures but I don't see where the tubes go. I'm confused. :) Just kidding.
    madmax

• hoosier21
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Chuck won't know what to do with that thingy that you hold in your hand with the buttons on it either.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• madmax
    edited September 2005
    Options
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Chuck won't know what to do with that thingy that you hold in your hand with the buttons on it either.

Oh, thats easy. I'll just tape it to the top of the preamp. That way I'll have my choice of which buttons I want to use when I get up to change settings or whatever.
    madmax

• steveinaz
    edited September 2005
    Options
    My MF A3CR is like my 13yr old Glock 17, it isn't going anywhere.
  • madmax
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I just received the MF A3CR and all I can say is WOW!

Absolutely perfect condition, super quality build, packed so well it could have been run over with a tank!

I will try it out tonight.

Thanks Hoosier!!!
    madmax

PS: Actually, there was a piece of lint laying on the unit. Must have settled there when I opened up the box. :)

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited September 2005
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    PS: Actually, there was a piece of lint laying on the unit. Must have settled there when I opened up the box. :)

BAD SELLER!!! BAD SELLER!!! Get your money back!!! :D

Ban the bum!!!

John
    No excuses!
  • madmax
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Oh, and thanks Steveinaz for originally knocking off the $250 for the bad tuner connection. Considering the quality of this preamp I will have that repaired shortly, along with a few little mods I ran across. :)

madmax

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited September 2005
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    I just received the MF A3CR and all I can say is WOW!

Absolutely perfect condition, super quality build, packed so well it could have been run over with a tank!

I will try it out tonight.

Thanks Hoosier!!!
    madmax

I'm very interested to hear what you think of the MF. I really like my A3cr, but am considering an Audible Illusions pre at some point. So keep me posted on how they compare. Have fun!
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • madmax
    edited September 2005
    Options
    tryrrthg wrote:
    I'm very interested to hear what you think of the MF. I really like my A3cr, but am considering an Audible Illusions pre at some point. So keep me posted on how they compare. Have fun!

Hmmm...
    Maybe we should have just traded. :D

I know my AI very well so once I connect this one to my system I'll let you know what I hear. It will be very hard to beat the AI for sure.

madmax

• steveinaz
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Max:
    No problem on the discount. I think, given your afinity for tubes, you're going to like the A3CR alot....