Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (XBox)

avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited September 2005 in Video Games
Just a heads up fells, in the latest Official XBox magazine there is a playable online demo of Battlefied. It contains one map (Backstab) but plenty of vehicle's (helicoptors yeah!!) and a ton of Mayham!!

Looks like this will be the online title to get this fall, and may out-sell the eagerly awaited Rainbow Six 3:Lockdown.

Cannot wait to see the full version.:)
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited August 2005
    I love the Xbox, but didn't care too much for the demo of BF2. Have you tried the PC version? It's simply amazing.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2005
    Anyone else playing Battlefield 2 for the PC. I just checked it out online and it looks crazy good. Just want another opinion before I do a blind buy.
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited August 2005
    I really like BF2, but be warned. It is very buggy, mine will crash over time. Apparently due to memory leaks. And make sure your video card is supported, I ended up building a new PC after I found out my video card was too old (Nvidia Ti440). Great game though, lots of fun just like the first one.

Howie
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2005
    I picked up the PC version today. Review and impressions to follow.
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 418
    edited August 2005
    BF2 PC version is alota fun , with some xint graphics . Does take some horsepower to run it though at hi-rez with the eye-candy on .

Not to sure if an xbox version would be in the same class just in part due to the graphics can no way match the pc version ; all-be-it 75% of the fun is in the game play .

Next patch (1.03) is around the corner for release , so we shall see how things go from there . Overall the game is pretty stable after patch 1.02 .

[note]
    If anyone here runs an overclocked pc and has had problems with bsd or system reboots while playing BF2 ; I suggest down clocking your overclock buy about 50-100mhz and try it from there . The slight downclocking has cured three seperate peeps pc problems with BF2 that I know of including myself . The game now runs XINT without a single glitch . :cool:

Sorry ... gotta run .... GAME TIME calls :D:D:D
    (look for me as "w00ps" during gameplay or on xfire )
    SDA-2B's ~ Pair SDA-CRS's ~ ,*** Main listening: Maggies MG1 ~ Polk SDA 2B's ~ Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (2 pairs moded into SDA's w/SDA-2B/CRS cross-overs) , * DCM TF600's * Mission M71/M72 *** Main brdrm FRT: RTiA-5's /Presence RTi-4 / LSI-704 Cntr / Rear FXI3's ~~~ Assorted Main listening rm : , 2- Heathkit W-5M /tube mono blocks (Parasound P/HP-850)* * 2- Altec Lansing 1590b's/mono blocks (Yamaha C-45) * CM Labs 35D * Dynaco ST-70 ~ Occasionally ~* Yamaha CR-820/A-760 ,* Sansui AU-317/AU-217 * Carver 900 rec *2-Dynaco ST 120* 1 Hafler DH-220* Marantz 1040 ... more
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited September 2005
    Fun game with more bugs than a mexican whorehouse. And what the hell is up with no support for GeForce chipsets? EA has gotten so damn arrogant it is disgusting. I really want to like it, but even on a killer machine it crashes all the time. Too damn buggy and too damn demanding to be considered a great game imo.
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.
  • SniperREX
    SniperREX Posts: 930
    edited September 2005
    stereo55 wrote:
    [note]
    If anyone here runs an overclocked pc and has had problems with bsd or system reboots while playing BF2 ; I suggest down clocking your overclock buy about 50-100mhz and try it from there . The slight downclocking has cured three seperate peeps pc problems with BF2 that I know of including myself . The game now runs XINT without a single glitch . :cool:

Sorry ... gotta run .... GAME TIME calls :D:D:D
    (look for me as "w00ps" during gameplay or on xfire )

I confirm that. If you have a lot of crash, just downclock to default settings ;).
    I guess I have to install a liquid cooling to OC again :D.

For Kingpip

I have a GeForce 6600GT and it plays smoothly at 1024x768 with a lot of high settings. I don't know what are you talking about. It's one of the "The way it's meant to be played" game ;) .

TVs: Samsung S95B 65" QD-OLED (den) and LG C2 42" OLED (office)
    Receiver: Denon AVR-X3700H (den) and Denon AVR-X2300W (den)
    SACD and DVD-A player: Oppo BDP-83
    Mains: Polk RTi8 (den) and Dali Ikon 8 (office)
    Center: Polk CSi5 (den) and Polk CSi3 (office)
    Surrounds: Polk FXi5 (den) and Velodyne surrounds (office)
    Sub: SVS PB-2000 (den) and PCi 16-46 (office)