Week #1 in the NFL...

Options
2»

Comments

• caseymou
    caseymou Posts: 327
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Nobody posted about the Colts? I'm not the biggest fan but they did pretty much kick the crap out of the Ravens Sunday night. Look out if the Colts "D" keeps it up.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I wouldn't say they kicked hte crap out of anyone. Their defense did look impressive.... considering it was the Colts. But keep in mind they're holding back KYLE BOLLER. I'm pretty sure me and a bunch of my friends could hold him and his offense to 7 points. And their "high-powered" offense scored 17 points... whoopdy doo. Wait till the cold weather comes.

Besides, it doesn't matter, cuz in a few months their Patriotsitis will kick in and they'll lose to us in a most embarrassing way. :-D
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • caseymou
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I would say holding Jamal Lewis to 50 yds rushing is impressive for any team not to mention the 3 picks and constant harassment caused by Freeney and the D line. Wright came in after Boller left and actually looked pretty good for a while. In actuality Baltimore would have not even scored if the colts hadn't pulled some crap at the end of the game. Payton threw for 250 yards and 2 TD's and the edge had 100+ total yards. Not the best stats but the Ravens definitely have a respectible defense. All in all the Colts dominated Baltimore on both sides of the ball after a slow first half.

Now the Pats are a different story. It's true they have won so many from the Colts but someday it will change. My hats off to them until the Colts take one.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited September 2005
    Options
    dragon1952 wrote:
    Well, join the club. It sounds like nobody's team won except Dallas :rolleyes:

And they will keep on winning, they are going to be dangerous to all opposition as the weeks keep rolling on. Once Bledsoe gets his timing right with Johnson and Glenn (lets not forget that they just signed Price) they are going to have a serious threat from the air. I can see Jones having a 1500 yard season. They have a lot of talent.......we'll see what happens...
  • bobman1235
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Yeah, Bledsoe is gre---pfffhahahhahahahahahah
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    hahahah
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, couldn't even type it without laughing.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm definitely not a Cowboys' fan, but they could be a dangerous team. Bledsoe may not be "great" anymore but he is pretty damn effective when he has good protection. You can be a Brady nuthugger all you want, but don't forget Bledsoe took you to a Super Bowl too.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I will say that Bledsoe isn't going to be the "franchise" quarterback the cowboys desperatly need, hell the Cowboys havent' really had one since Aikman retired. They have gone through to many to count. But he will fit well for a couple years. He has the talent, definitely not be as quick and agile as some of the others, Vick has that one pegged.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Bledsoe is one of the very few QBs that have eclipsed the 40K yard mark. I am a die-hard Cowboy fan and never have been a Bledsoe fan or hater. I have to thank the heavens above, though , for having him instead of Vinny. I can see Bledsoe being inducted into the Hall, if he can pull off a SB win while at Big D.

How many QBs have ever passed for 40K yards? How many of those that have aren't in the Hall, if they are eligible?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    I have to thank the heavens above, though , for having him instead of Vinny.

Amen....
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited September 2005
    Options
    How bout them Dirty Birds? Go Falcons
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Yeah, How 'bout them BIRDS :D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • bobman1235
    edited September 2005
    Options
    fireshoes wrote:
    I'm definitely not a Cowboys' fan, but they could be a dangerous team. Bledsoe may not be "great" anymore but he is pretty damn effective when he has good protection. You can be a Brady nuthugger all you want, but don't forget Bledsoe took you to a Super Bowl too.

Back when bledsoe was good. He was a good, almost great quarterback in his time. Now he's way too slow, not to mention defenses are getting faster. Bledsoe's way past his prime, and you ain't winnin any championships with him.
  • caseymou
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I wouldn't put any money on Dallas but I also wouldn't bet against Parcells. Great coach.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Cleveland Browns

15-1

Super Bowl victors.

I speak no more.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Dont forget to make your pics!

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited September 2005
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Back when bledsoe was good. He was a good, almost great quarterback in his time. Now he's way too slow, not to mention defenses are getting faster. Bledsoe's way past his prime, and you ain't winnin any championships with him.

I guess many could say the same thing about Favre, especially after last weeks performance, but there isn't any other quarterback, (Favre), out there that I would rather lead my team if I were the owner. Maybe he'll retire in a couple years and J. Jones will pick him up in the off season...(j/k)

scott
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited September 2005
    Options
    How about those Jets! J E T S Jets! Jets! Jets!.

They tried to call Pennington for an interview, but he kept droping the phone!
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Pablo wrote:
    How about those Jets! J E T S SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!.
    Fixed it for ya. :D
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Thanks. I'm at work and was at the phone at the time, so I might have made a typo!
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Frank Z:
    As a lifetime Bronco fan (went to games since Floyd Little played), I'd be blaming the offensive line first, they were awful. Plummer got hit everytime he passed. But you would be a fool not to take into account the humidity this time of year in Miami. 115 degrees on the field and 70+% humidity will kill any team that is used to 90 degrees and 10% humidity. Bailey did fine, the passes caught against him were perfectly thrown. Plus, he did intercept one, if you remember.
    No team wins, when it's defense is on the field for 40 minutes.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Actually the line did a pretty good job for just about the entire game. Ther were at least a half dozen times that the line gave Plummer time to go side line to side line looking for a receiver.

Yes Bailey did get one INT, but it was a real gimme. You gotta see this guy on the local stations to really get a sense of how great he thinks he is.

I'm always a diehard Bronco fan, win or lose I love my team, I guess that's why I b*tch quite loudly when they do lose. I'll be Four Wheeling this Sunday, so I'll record the game for when I get back.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Have fun 4-wheelin, Frank. You'll be up to your eyeballs in snow before long. ;)

Also congrats on 4000!
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Frank:
    Then we were watching two different games. Had the O-line played decently the rushing yardage outside of Bell's first run, and Plummer's scrambles in the last few minutes would have amounted to more than 19 yards. Not to mention 7 goalline downs with a total yardage of minus 1yd.

This weekend could get really ugly unless the offense actually shows up. I doubt SD is going to stop giving the ball to Tomlinson like last weekend. Besides, the SD defensive line is better than Miami's.

Have fun 4 wheeling, even though its a bit early for the Aspen to be changing.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2005
    Options
    FS,
    It's already snowed a little bit above 9000'. The Eisenhower Tunnel on I70 got 2-3' in a short amount of time this past wednesday.

Mark,
    The high country has been getting cold early this year. A couple of nights ago Leadville (10,000') was in the upper 20's. A few of the 4x4 sites I visit have shown pics of the aspen starting to change around 7-10 days ago. We're taking a neighbor up for his first wheeling trip ever. He bought a new '05 Rubicon because of the pics I've been showing him. I'll post a bunch on Sunday night.