The RT7 Good Guys experience.

Options
djonesyyz
djonesyyz Posts: 2
edited September 2005 in Vintage Speakers
RT7 ‘s went bad after 8 years of use. Fantastic speakers used for music, movies and some karaoke.

Only complaint goes out to The Good Guys when I send both back because of a blown woofer. I happened to pick up the extended warranty when I purchased them $80. However, they forgot to tell me to keep the box. They ended up shipping them without any bubble wrap and scratched the boxes. They also only fixed 1 of the 2 speakers sent in. I’m sure there are now sound differences between 1 new and one old speaker. Have to take up a claim with them.

My advise would be to stick to the Polk experts for repairs and keep away from The Good Guy's bone heads.
Post edited by djonesyyz on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Amen, brother,, " A big Tip of the Hat" to the staff @ Polk, their customer service approach is second to none,,been there, done that.. ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited September 2005
    Options
    1. They shouldn't have to tell you to keep the cartons, that's a given.
    2. Bubble wrap isn't the best choice when shipping speakers. What did they use for packing material?
    3. You had only one bad woofer, that's all they are required to replace. You have nothing to claim about that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Helloooooooooooooo!

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • djonesyyz
    djonesyyz Posts: 2
    edited September 2005
    Options
    After 40 minutes of playing, I start hearing static from the speaker. I hooked the wire up from the good sounding back right side and still static. It looks like ill be sending it back. It makes sense that if one goes then the other is bound to have problems. And what about the sound difference with one 8 year old woofer and one new? Well the Good Guys claim to ship speakers with bubble wrap. The scratch on the side was described as the tape they use for the bubble wrap! Plan to use some wood stain to cover it if they don’t.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Seems to me that the static is in the tower.

You buy a set of tires for your car, they have a 60,000 mile warranty. After 25,000 miles one of them blows out, they replace it for free. You now have one new tire and three older ones. Are they different, yes. Will they replace the other three because the one blew out, no. Get it???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk