AMR50 Left Speaker Problems

Options
stegs
stegs Posts: 2
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
1) The instructions say to plug the wire "with a white strip on it" into the positive jack, but there is no white strip on either wires. Merely one that is gray, and one that is gray that has lines on it.

2) The left speaker constantly goes out, for no reason at all. It also receives less power than the right speaker.

3) I can't get a balance of power on both speakers, no matter what I try.
Post edited by stegs on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Hello,
    The left satellite speaker should have a series of "dashes" on one of the wire coverings. This is the positive connection, going into the red terminal on the woofer. The other consideration is the multi-pin connector that goes from the satellite with the volume control to the woofer. Remove this connector and examine the pins inside, make sure they are not bent or out-of-alignment. If they are use a small needle nose pliers or tweezers to carefully straighten out any of the pins. Once done, re-insert the plug into the opening of the woofer, making sure the plug mates with the connector. Also check to make use any adjustment functions on the computer are set for even channel output. If you are still having problems, use another sound source, such as a portable CD player or Walkman, anything with a stereo headphone jack as a substitute source. Remove the green cable from the computer and plug it into the CD/Walkman's headphone jack and adjust it's volume. This would determine if the problem is speaker or computer related.
    I hope this is helpful information.
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • stegs
    stegs Posts: 2
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Thanks for the help - it fixed the speaker problems. I had it in the wrong jack :P
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Good, I'm glad things are sounding better.
    Take care, Ken