dynamating my trunk

Options
dmac71
dmac71 Posts: 6
edited June 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
im getting ready to dynamat or brown bread my trunk i just want to know if i do this will i lose access to my spare tire.
thanks
dan
"Objects in mirror are more stable than they appear"
Post edited by dmac71 on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2002
    Options
    No- if you want to do your tire well you'll pull out the tire, apply the mat to the metal, and then put the tire back in. Sound deadening is adhesive mat (very thin) that you stick to whatever is making noise (or stick it everywhere) and all of your stock panels will fit back over it. Looking at the car afterward you shouldn't be able to tell it's in there.
  • KStrange65
    KStrange65 Posts: 7
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Dmac,
    Try to cover the inner and outer metal of the body panels. I have a ford explorer and I have used almost 100 sq feet of dynamat. It is great stuff. However save yourself some time and hassel and spend the extra money for the dynamat extreme!! Good luck!
  • dmac71
    dmac71 Posts: 6
    edited June 2002
    Options
    well i finally finished dynamating and basicaly rattle proofing my car. i went out and bought the trunk kit and a couple rolls of the extreme as well.In the process of getting rid of all those rattles i stumbled upon another method for getting rid of rattles in my trunk lid which for some reason or another the dmat extreme didnt stop. WHAT I DID WAS go to my local hardware store one day and i saw this expanding foam stuff called "GREAT STUFF" i sprayed it up into the holes under my trunk lid.I allowed it to expand (this takes about a day and ahalf) and this stuff was trully GREAT.It got rid of every rattle still left in my trunk.The only problem was that it looked like crap because its this ugly yellow color, but i put my dmat extreme over it and now it looks sweet and sounds great I hope this helps someone who had some of the problems as me.

later,
    dan
    "Objects in mirror are more stable than they appear"
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2002
    Options
    The expanding foam can help quite a bit in certain applications. Just be carefull- it'll pop panels apart sometimes! Start slow- you can always add more later.