hi im new with sda-srs w/ ?'s

Options
greenranger
greenranger Posts: 44
edited August 2005 in Vintage Speakers
1st off great speakers.can anybody help me find out what version i have?the build date is oct,1985.thanks for your help.ALSO LOOKING FOR ONE 6.5 MID WOOFER.thanks for your help,matt ***CHECK FLEA MARKET***SOLD SOLD
Post edited by greenranger on

Comments

• fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Welcome, based on the built date, you have the SDA-SRS. See here,
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/service/models/modelpartslist.php3?model=sda
    you will need a MW-6503.
    Called Polk customer service and mention you are CP member, the price will be $48 shipped, (depending on there you live, there can be sales tax).

-fredv-
  • greenranger
    edited August 2005
    Options
    also how much are a pair of those worth?and whats the difference in all of the numbers.ie 2.1 ,tl ?
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Check out the link posted by DQ, it is right here it is entitled appropriately SRS vs. SRS 1.2TL , you can also do a search on this forum, there is a grip of info on these.

scott

They are worth as much as you are willing to spend, and the seller is willing to sell them for. Typically your model goes for about 1k to 1200, the 1.2's about 1200-1500, and the 1.2TL's about 1800-2200.....you can also check out http://www.polksda.com and check out the past ebay sales on the models..
  • greenranger
    edited August 2005
    Options
    you guys are great, thanks for all of your help.i may have to sell them,tad bid in a apt.lol but for now i am in love.i fill like i own a piece history. :D;)
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited August 2005
    Options
    If you do decide to sell them, make sure you offer them up to members here on the forum first. 99% of the time you will have a better transaction than ebay and you will be selling them to someone who will truly enjoy them.

Let us know where you live(at least the state), so those that might be interested can prepare for them if you do decide to sell them.

Have a good one.

Zach
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    i fill like i own a piece history. :D;)

you do own a piece of stereo speaker history. I don't know of many other 20 yr old speakers that still have the same intense following that the Polk Audio SDA's have. Enjoy them.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • greenranger
    edited August 2005
    Options
    thank all for making me fell welcome.i am in the kansas city, mo area..dont know if anybody is around from here or not.would love to see & hear other set ups and get together. thanks matt
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited August 2005
    Options
    There are at least two other Club Polk members in the KC area. Maybe they will see this thread and get in touch.

BTW, since I or nobody else said this before-Welcome to the forum :)
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • greenranger
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Fs Check Flea Market Thank You $$$$$$$SOLD$$$$$$$$