The DX series speaker?

Options
sc0tty8
sc0tty8 Posts: 69
edited June 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I seen crutchfeild had the DX series on sale and in limited quanities. I need some speakers for my car. I got my eye set on the 3 way 5x7's(dx7) and the 5 1/4"(dx5). What do these speakers sound like compared to others? I am trying to decide if I should get these or some infinity's. Who has these and how do they sound? They will be on a 125hz high pass.
Post edited by sc0tty8 on

Comments

• KStrange65
    KStrange65 Posts: 7
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I have had both the DX7's and Infinity Reference 5x7. Between the two there is no comparison ..the dx7's are the way to go!! I would suggest a very high output head unit like an alpine, or a small amp to run them. If you get enough power to them, they will scream! Good luck!
  • sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I was planning on throwing an amp on them. Crutchfeild is sold out on them:(

I found another place on the get to get them. I am also looking at getting a pair of the 5.25 polk components for the front.
  • MikeVB
    MikeVB Posts: 16
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by sc0tty8
    I was planning on throwing an amp on them. Crutchfeild is sold out on them:(

I found another place on the get to get them. I am also looking at getting a pair of the 5.25 polk components for the front.

Scotty8,

If you put Polk 5.25" components in the front then I wouldn't worry about super high quality 5x7's for the rear as they will be more for fill than a main sound source. :)

Mike