Downloading music to PSP

keith allen
keith allen Posts: 734
edited August 2005 in Video Games
I bought my son a psp,he wants to download music from a cd to it.The book says using compatible software.Any suggestions on the best software to use?
Post edited by keith allen on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited August 2005
    I dont know how - since I don't own it...

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx

You can try contacting the PSP CS -

This looks like what you would need to copy CDs to it...

" UMD (Universal Media Disc) is a new, proprietary, high-capacity optical medium enabling game software, full-motion video and other forms of digital entertainment content such as movies and music, to be stored. The newly developed UMD is the next-generation compact storage media and at only 60mm in diameter, can store up to 1.8GB of digital data, making it perfect for a portable entertainment player like the PSP system. UMD stores a broad range of digital entertainment content including games, music, movies, and more."

This may also have something to do with it -

" The PSP system can function as a USB Memory Stick Duo reader. Using this functionality, you can copy pictures, audio, and other content to and from your Memory Stick Duo. To access the Memory Stick Duo in your PSP system from your PC, you'll need a USB cable that has a "Mini-B" connector (common for digital cameras) and a "Standard-A" connector (common for printers, etc). Plug the Mini-B side into the top of your PSP system and the Standard-A side into your PC. From the PSP system software, navigate to the top of the settings list and select "USB Connection." Your PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) should detect a new "Removable Disk Drive" that you can then access."

Just shoot the CS an email -

http://www.us.playstation.com/contactus.aspx?id=select
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2005
    I know I'm completely skirting your question here, but buy the lad an I-Pod. I am a PSP owner (as this forum will show) and it's just not for music as the storage is so ungodly limited and performance is so sub par.

Your question has already been answered, but an I-Pod or equiv. would be the way to go for getting music on the move.
  • tecmo04
    tecmo04 Posts: 421
    edited August 2005
  • Best
    Best Posts: 2
    edited April 2021
    Maybe you can try TunesKit Aaudio Capture. This smart audio grabber can capture any audio playing on the computer and save the recorded tracks in MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, etc. formats with original audio quality. You can copy the music tracks from your CD and transfer them to suitable format, then move to your PSP. May this can help you!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    Probably figured it out 16 years ago...
  • gavrielle
    gavrielle Posts: 9
    Probably figured it out 16 years ago...

Ahh that's very correct, You notice that.