cheap DVD's at Walmart

Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited July 2002 in Music & Movies
I was at Walmart the other day, and they a pretty decent selection of DVD's for $9.44. I don't think any of them were new releases, but they had stuff like Leathal Weapon 1-3. I picked up Space Balls and should probably get the Leathal Weapon movies. Seeing the collection that they had made me wonder if there are new versions of all these movies coming out (i.e. collector's edition, etc.). Anyway, it's probably worth the trip to Walmart to see what they have. Their website only lists some of the titles that I saw.

Aaron
Post edited by Aaron on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2002
    Oh man, the whip of WalMart.

'Honey, we can't afford all this stuff, what sh'ud we put back, them diapers, or the case of motor oil?'

'Put them diapers back, yu 'aint supposed to change em every friggin time they piss..hell, they soak it up anyway'

(Actual conversation overheard by Big Dumb in Kmart)

Cheers,
    I might be a redneck Russ.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2002
    A Wall-Mart opened up about 5 miles from my house. ****'en pile of **** store. I'd like to beam a big BOOM on over.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2002
    Absolute true story I tell ya.....the case of Bud was never in questions either......

Actually, I noticed that CC, Best Buy and Target have all come down on a lot of the older DVD's.....most between 10-15 dollars. I picked up the Hunt for Red October last weekend for 12.99....

I will say this, I can stand WalMart a HELL of a lot better than the mall. Man, we had to go to the mall on Saturday, what a zoo. Eff that, I avoid that place like the plague.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited June 2002
    The walmarts, kmarts, etc are like a really bad
    swapmeet. Just a pig pen of a mess. I'd hate to see how badly the people who shop there treat their own stuff.
  • ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited June 2002
    Quit rippin on those stores. Some of us can't afford the crap some others have. Give 'em a break. They give the people that aren't better off a taste of the good stuff (cheap dvd players, dvds, affordable t.v's). Demand equals lower prices. You guys should be happy to get dvd's under $20.
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited June 2002
    I shop there and the things that I own I treat very well.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2002
    nothing better to do then kick a store??
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • pensacola
    pensacola Posts: 269
    edited June 2002
    Wal-Mart reflects the community they're in. An upscale town will have a clean, well-staffed store. The opposite will be true for a not-so-upscale town.
    Everyone shops at Wal-Mart--millionaires and paupers alike. I'd shop at Target if they had groceries like Wal-Mart.

Give War A Chance
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited June 2002
    Yea, I'm down with wally world. Cleaning supplies, TP, paper towels, general household stuff are usually cheaper there.

Haven't checked out their DVD collection though, might just have to do that.

- Steven
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • TroyD
    edited June 2002
    my big complaint with WalMart these days is the Super WalMarts. The just renovated ours and I hate it. I used to know where everything is, I could zip in and out through Home and Garden.....

Not anymore, I wander through that place like Rain Man now.....I hate that. Plus, there are now 215 checkout lanes, only 3 of which are open and they are at the other end of the store, 2.5 miles away from the entrance where I parked.

BDT
  • justpolkme
    justpolkme Posts: 18
    edited June 2002
    I'm all for a good deal...and Walmart is great for certain items where superb quality is not necessarily the first criteria. But seriously, it is like walking into an alternate universe. Like a coach ticket to a family reunion in BFE where everyone bets on whose teeth are more twisted. OH...is that just my family??
  • TroyD
    edited June 2002
    Nah, sounds like my inlaws tribe.........

BDT
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2002
    Two words go hand in hand "trash" and "mart".

K-mart
    Wall-mart
    Stein-mart

The world would be a much better, happier and safer place without "marts".

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited July 2002
    I won't shop at Kmart or Walmart - ever.

Kmart was first with that infuriating **** Rosie O'Donnell as a spokesperson, then it ended the sales of "handgun" ammunition everywhere except in Alaska at the request of that idiot film maker **** social reformer Michael Moore, then it was stopping the sales of firearms in certain "sensitive" communities in response to a handfull of liberal protestors, and the final straw was Walmart pulling guns and ammo off the shelves in response to 9-11 when firearm sales nationwide had shot through the roof and self reliant Americans everywhere most keenly felt the need to protect their families and homes.

Kmart and Walmart? Pathetic, spineless, anti-American, liberal communists. I won't spend a dime on either on principal alone, I don't care if they sell DVD's for 10 cents.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • tony27
    tony27 Posts: 49
    edited July 2002
    if it wasn't for all the irresponsable people with guns out there, i'm sure K-Mart and walmart would still be selling guns. agree or dis-agree, it's a democracy and these stores cave in under the loudest voices.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited July 2002
    Man the marts are fine,
    if they have a good deal on something We need,Id shop there in a heart beat,a store is a store.All you bargin shoppers......I'm suprised.Who really cares where you buy it.I like the marts they never did me in!!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited July 2002
    they rule...but i don tlike to go there...i think kmart is a dang junk store...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited July 2002
    I may try if they have the mail order deal (if they have the lowest price), but if I have to go to the store, I rather stay home and mow my yard.