Lfe + L/r ???

Options
phuz
phuz Posts: 2,372
My HK AVR-510 has 3 options for subs. None, LFE, and LFE + L/R. Those two options give me a cutoff of 60hz or 80hz. I haven't really been able to tell much of a difference in either of the frequency settings.

I know what the settings are, I know that the LFE + L/R is a bit too boomy. I'm just curious of your reciever has the same option? Is there anywhere that this would be needed? Is there a benefit to using this and tuning the sub so that its not too boomy?

I've got my PSW-250 hooked up using a single monster sub interconnect from the reciever, and a splitter going into the sub. It's more than enough for me so you wankers saying the 250 is for little boys can be quiet now. :p j/k

Now if I can just get the frequencies matched with my R40's I'll be set.......
Post edited by phuz on

Comments

• schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited June 2002
    Options
    phuz,

Have you tried setting the sub to none on the 510, then run the Fronts as large (should be automatic) and hook the sub to the L&R preouts of the 510. You can now adjust the frequency you want your sub to be set at. If you do not have an SPL and calibration DVD I would suggest it. I have read that the one built into the HK is usually off. You get a discount on the AVIA for being a member of this forum. If you are worried about the .1 signal it will be pushed to the fronts speakers (line level and preouts). Hope this helps and enjoy your system.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I don't think I want the .1 going to my fronts though since they are only R40's. I'll give it a whirl and see how it sounds though.

BTW, how dou you like your DVD50?
  • schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited June 2002
    Options
    phuz,

I have had the DVD50 almost 6 months and have not had problems. The only thing that I have discovered is if the power goes out and back on quickly the unit will not respond to the remote and I just need to unplug the unit and plug it back in. The DVD player runs off software and I think that is the problem. I would have to say I am very pleased with the unit.

For the speakers I would try every possible combination, you never know what sounds the best for you. Good luck.