I wish...DVD related

hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited June 2002 in Music & Movies
I wish that

1. I could click the main menu and have them place the missing or delted scenes in the movie, I have seen a few movies that the missing scene would have help me enjoy the movie, plus the damn thing in on there anyway let me see it.

2. That there was a menu setting for me to choose "remove swearing and breif nutity" I would like to watch some of the movies with my kids, and the ratings are not enough to tell where they draw the line, a few of the "kids" movies have some things my 7 & 5 year old don't need to hear, like Shrek!

3. Also, issue the damn things once! I want all the goodies the first time around!!

4. Lastly (really should havve been first OAR "original aspect ratio" on DVD's PERIOD

Thank you for listening to me rant.
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2002
    I know what your going through! My 2 year old is picking things up quick and I have to start paying closer attention.

I was much easier being single!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2002
    that's what we need, a good RANT thread.....c'mon guys, get your rant on!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2002
    I wish Winona Ryder would come over and load my DVDs in my player nakkid.

Got my remote on.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2002
    H-Bomb,

I was much easier when I was single as well. Now I am forced to comply with wishes of my wife and her attorney.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2002
    My first wife was an attorney... I HATE THAT WOMAN!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • hoosier21
    edited June 2002
    Sure Ron that would look good, but watch her on the way out, you might be missing a few things
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited June 2002
    HBombToo: HAHAHA! That was just funny!

I wish all DVDs had more NUDITY! AND more VIOLENCE! Whenever you clicked on a menu item, random images of **** would flash on the screen. That would be great. And following that would be some guy getting decapitated.

Wouldn't life be grand? :)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2002
    That would be great, esp. when I have my parents and in-laws over for movie night.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited June 2002
    Originally posted by hoosier21
    I wish that

1. I could click the main menu and have them place the missing or delted scenes in the movie, I have seen a few movies that the missing scene would have help me enjoy the movie, plus the damn thing in on there anyway let me see it.

I would like this too, but the problem is that the majority of 'deleted scenes' are cut from the movie before the final mastering and editing process. So the sound, video, and everything else would not match the final version of the movie. For example, you would see 3 seconds of a scene that looked horrid, out of contrast, sounds horrible, and did not match the surrounding frames. Also your DTS/THX/DD or whatever would cut out for those few moments.

Is it worth it? I say no, but if the scenes were mastered... then sure I'd love to be able to slap em into the movie as you watch it.

As far as the rest, I agree.

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited June 2002
    I wish my Johnson remote would reach farther!:D
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2002
    Along w/soundtrack options, maybe they could have "normal version" & "sicko version", w/a happy face by the nl version & a leering, drooling happy face beside the one we all want to watch.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited June 2002
    I wish that

2. That there was a menu setting for me to choose "remove swearing and breif nutity" I would like to watch some of the movies with my kids, and the ratings are not enough to tell where they draw the line, a few of the "kids" movies have some things my 7 & 5 year old don't need to hear, like Shrek!

wow! what did you find in SHrek that was contrary to 5-7 year old viewing????
  • hoosier21
    edited June 2002
    Billm57 have you seen this movie? No nudity or any of the 7 words you can't say on TV, but it is full of one liners and overtones for adults, I am tired of my kid running around saying "I got the booty" or after watching Stewart Little my 5 year old saying "talk to the butt" and on Harry Potter "he should have landed on his fat ****" these little things make me mad I guess, movies geared for kids with these types of lines.

Stepping down from the soapbox now
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited June 2002
    Harry Potter cuses? Dang, I need to watch that ;)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited June 2002
    Stick with Disney. Their adult overtones are so cryptic that most adults don't get em...
  • hoosier21
    edited June 2002
    That is the only line in that whole movie!
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited June 2002
    Billm57 have you seen this movie? No nudity or any of the 7 words you can't say on TV, but it is full of one liners and overtones for adults, I am tired of my kid running around saying "I got the booty" or after watching Stewart Little my 5 year old saying "talk to the butt" and on Harry Potter "he should have landed on his fat ****" these little things make me mad I guess, movies geared for kids with these types of lines.

Stepping down from the soapbox now
    yep Ive seen the movie..just dont see any harm in booty and butt from a little kid mouth..there is more harmful stuff on prime time than this..Take Nickeloden and the homosexual parents special they will be airing..now thats something to be concerned about..but hey..everyome can raise thier kids the way they see fit..off my soapbox as well