psw 450 vs hsu vt-2

qzoid
qzoid Posts: 9
any one done the comparison because nad carries hsu but cc caries polk and it's really hard to compare as different environments and sizes of the room.they both cost about the same.
:confused:
Post edited by qzoid on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    i haven't heard a psw450 properly calibrated in my home, but the vtf-2 is an AMAZING sub for the $. i've posted on it many times in the past since getting mine. from what i heard from the psw450 set up at a local hi-fi shop, it was no-where near the caliber of the HSU, but i haven't heard them side by side. good luck in your decision, hopefully someone will chime in who's heard both in their personal HT...
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited June 2002
    Haven't heard both but Polk does ot build a good sub ANYMORE. HSU, Velo., etc. make great subs, Polk makes great speakers.
    Chris :)
  • qzoid
    edited June 2002
    hsu vtf-2 is amazing no comparison , i went to cc and tried out the psw 450 and 650 the n went over to nad in pittsburgh and the vtf-2 is a different animal , the music is clean in the 25 hzs mode and ht is kick **** in max range @32 hzs , it booms but clean cut, just ended listening and wAtching diana krall dvd awesome. just $449.00.
    thanks for your help.:D
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    no problem man. enjoy your HSU. :D

did you pick one up, or just decide that that's what you are going to get???
  • qzoid
    edited June 2002
    i actually did pick it up directly off the showroom floor as the unit was brand new . i'm loving it .:lol: