Thom, Kim

Options
cgravil
cgravil Posts: 101
edited June 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
My Factory system has component speakers in the front. Mid/Subs in the Door Kick and tweets in the dash. If I were to get the appropriate Polk or Momo Component system, Would I use the crossover or not.... I have heard bad things about using crossovers on just "radio power" as opposed to "amp power". I'm lost... any help is appriecated pimp.gif
Oh and I'm using the Pioneer Premier MP3 headunit
The probibility of someone watching you is directly related to the stupidity of the action in question.:eek:
Post edited by cgravil on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2002
    Options
    If you want to use the MM455, MM465, or MM6 component system you need to use the supplied crossovers. Otherwise the tweeter wouldn't be high passed and would not last very long trying to play the lower frequencies. The EX3 series is better suited to low power applications such as running off deck power, or smaller amps. The Momo components will work in that applictaion but will sound much better with even a small amplifier (especially when high- passed at 80- 100 Hz). Do you plan on adding an amp down the road?
  • cgravil
    cgravil Posts: 101
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Thom,

I have a pioneer 4x45 RMS Pioneer Amplifier that I could use to power the car with. I have one currently doing duty in our Tailgate-Mobile<big football fans.> I just came across another one of them inexpensively <$100 from a co-worker> would this work? the EX series is what I was looking at for the front and the GXR series for the back. No sub here... I need the trunk space. Car is an 01 Neon.

Clay
    beer.gif
    The probibility of someone watching you is directly related to the stupidity of the action in question.:eek: