Tube electrons vs Solid State electrons

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited July 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
I've been working with my system for quite some time now and have finally realized why I'm not getting anywhere. The solid state electrons emitted from my digital gear are not reacting well with the tube electrons. As much as I hate to do it I'm going to have to seperate the two. To keep all the tube electrons pure I am removing all solid state devices including the digital ones. This will allow peaceful existance of the tube electrons. No more banging against each other, no coruption of the outer layer of conductors, no misaligned paths etc. I do end up with two diodes in the tube power supply but I believe the mass exidus of SS will coherse the overall acceptance of their new enviroment. Afterall, you always have a few bad apples in any given society and they tend to follow along when put in the minority. Of course it will take time to weed out all the after effects of kaos but in time, my system will be pure.

madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Go in peace, my child, for now that you have found the path, soon you shall achieve pure harmonic perfection.

Peace.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I hear ya... even those **** electrons from my DAC are ambushing my nice and orderly Tube electrons.

I think there is something to this that is even deeper. I'm going to have to send a letter to my utility and suggest they put a large Tube bank outside my meter so the nice and friendly electrons given birth by my pampered oxide coated nickle will not terrorize my electrons from my internal oxide coated nickle stages.

Great job here Max. Finally someone other than me understands!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Electrons are electrons...there is no difference....it's just marketing hype!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • madmax
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    so the nice and friendly electrons given birth by my pampered oxide coated nickle will not terrorize my electrons from my internal oxide coated nickle stages.
    HBomb

Ed Zacherly.

I just ordered a new phono preamp to try out too. I've been so happy with the Jolida 302 and 502 amplifiers that I decided to give their phono pre a try. What the heck, they offered to take it back if it does not work for me. I'm headed for analog bliss for sure. Somehow I don't see a $500 phono pre doing the job but then again, I got a cheap cartridge (Goldring 1042) right now anyway. At least this phono pre will allow me to try a MC cartridge later. :)

madmax

• HBombToo
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by shack

and again there are disbelievers. Winter times are the most hostile. The damn external electrons with ther ear muffs, coates and scarfs pile up at the coat rack and just create a huge bottle neck. They need to learn some manners! In the summer you can't get those lazy bastages off their buts... its always smething with them outsiders.

sheesh, when ya gonna learn shack?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • madmax
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by shack

That is silly talk...

madmax

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Well, the tube electrons are definitely prettier...

(darn, what happened to the picture???)
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited July 2005
    Options
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I read somewhere that tube electrons are lighter and more stable, thus able to evoke greater sense of air and warmth to music.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • jmierzur
    jmierzur Posts: 489
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Tube electrons are older, slower and remind me too much of the past centuries. I prefer SS electrons as they are newer and faster than their predecessors.

;)
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited July 2005
    Options
    The real problem with SS is not electrons, it's all those ill tempered holes moving around. You don't see any of those holes in nice tube neighborhoods jumping the gap!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited July 2005
    Options
    totally tubular?
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • HBombToo
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by sucks2beme
    The real problem with SS is not electrons, it's all those ill tempered holes moving around. You don't see any of those holes in nice tube neighborhoods jumping the gap!

I hope you had at least 1 beer when you wrote that. I'm trashed and can honestly say I understand and agree. :)

good time to be back in polkyville:p

1/4twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    edited July 2005
    Options
    you must be very careful with those Eastern Bloc (and former Soviet Republic) electrons.

Also, we've noticed that German and British electrons still don't seem to get along terribly well... seems like they still hold some sort of grudge; probably a quantum mechanical effect.

Fortunately, there' aren't too many French electrons around...
  • madmax
    edited July 2005
    Options
    No french electrons in my setup. They are too likely to accept the SS electrons without a fight.

Recently I had a tube blow blow out which immediatly blew the fuse. I removed all the tubes and have new ones on order. It is my hope that all the SS electrons were pulled out of the caps and burned up in the white glow which persisted inside the bad tube. They most certainly met with a horible death. Now that all is cleaned out I expect a real difference next time I power up. No more holes for those pesky things to hide in!

madmax

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2005
    Options
    The British, Russian and American electrons are getting along very well in my system:D . Not sure if they're getting along with the electrons from the ss rectifier in my pre. It seems like the Russian electrons are getting a lot better. They sound so sweet.

Maurice