Halo 1 or 2?

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,030
edited July 2005 in Video Games
**May contain spoilers for those that havnt played it***

Which is your favorite and why?

I dunno to be honest, I like various aspects about both...

Campaign -

Halo 1 - Halo 1 seemed to have a slightly stronger campaign, as the last few levels arnt exactly cat and mouse games. However it seemed that Halo 2 had more of a story, but in a different style. Seemed Halo 1 was just telling about an adventure/war that you were apart of and showing you a world that you destroy at the end. Halo 1's campaign is definetely better, especially when it gets to the last levels of the game...

Halo 2 - I really liked the earth levels on Halo 2, infact I think I've played those levels enought o play them by heart. Once we return back to a Halo, I was very dissapointed in this... however Halo 3 seems to hold true that we will be kicking MAJOR ****$ on earth between the Convenant and the Flood. So I am VERY excited! w00t w00t..

Now the gameplay, especially the last few levels are kind of dissapointing as you are basically playing cat and mouse games the entire time... as long as you can move in and move out before the enemy realizes your there (since they are beating theirself up) your home free... this really made the last few levels boring and just made you want to get the game over with...

If those last 3 or 4 levels were a bit more challenging and involved more killing - I would of enjoyed it much more. I have high hopes for Halo 3 to return the battling portion of the game I enjoyed so much on earth... sniping out the snipers - all that.

Multiplayer...

Halo 2 has certain things better, games that dosnt rely on vehicular transport is better on halo 2. It seems games like Capture the Flag, etc that require vehicular transport isnt as good on Halo 2 because you cant place them, they just get blown up then they have to respawn.. kind of sucks...

Either way, halo 2's Multiplayer is pretty amazing, as it Halo 1's...

Overall, between the two they are about tied, as Halo 2's multiplayer really saves it in the end. They both have stellar replay value...

Now to the point of this in its entireity... Who is looking forwards to Halo 3? Do you have high hopes or not? From what I have heard about Halo 3, and what I learned in Halo 2 about the Convenant... I wouldn't mind having maybe 10 levels on earth, then somehow exploring the flood and their lifestyle to learn a bit more about them - just as long as we don't have to fight as a flood member. I really enjoyed learning about the Convenant and being the Convenant, really big twist.

So I am definetely looking forwards to Halo 3... anybody else?
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I liked campaign much better on the original. Multiplayer (non-campaign stuff) is much better on Halo 2. Considering there is only limited play time on campaign, I would weigh multiplayer a lot more, and therefore give the thumbs up to Halo 2.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • tecmo04
    tecmo04 Posts: 421
    edited July 2005
    Options
    im not so sure about halo 2. I was an avid halo player for a long time, im talking me and my firends played atleast 3 hours a night in multiplayer/ system link. when halo 2 came out we all bought it, ran through the campaign in under a week and played multiplayer. for some reason halo 2 just didnt thrill any of us the way 1 did. sure the graphics are a little better and you can hold 2 guns but most of maps are similar and the game play is ok. anthother major problem with 2 is that everyone hacked the crap out of it on live play. unfortunatly i havent played halo2 in months due to these reasons. maybe im just not playing with the right people on live, i dont know.

halo all the way...
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I personally was never wowed by Halo, however, I did like Halo 1 much better than 2. The health regeneration thing is plain stupid, which has completely turned me off to two...
    Not saying it was a bad game, I did like the vehicles and stuff, it's just that health regeneration...
  • VR3
    edited July 2005
    Options
    It seems like XBox Live has ruined Halo for ALOT of people...

The only reason I would go on Live is to get new maps, vehicles, levels... because I have no desire to mess with those people...

However, LAN parties with Halo is incredibly fun and almost becomes an art form after a while... so if you havnt done that - you should find one locally to participate in...

And I agree about the shield - My friends and I were talking about it last night actually, how the health + shield was MUCH better than the regenerating shield... Some liked it, the people that liked challenges didn't like the regen. shield. For me personally the regenerating shield really ruined Halo.. especially since if you wear down the enemies shield... they just hide and recooperate! This pisses me off BIG TIME!

PS: There are like 20 different maps available for purchase/download on XBox live for Halo 2. Tons of them...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tecmo04
    edited July 2005
    Options
    do you have live?? if so would you like to start a clan? if your willing to play. im a little bit rusty but your enthusiasm has resparked my love and interest for the game. my live name is coltrizzzle if your interested
  • VR3
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Nah, I don't have live...

But, go on S&V's website and check out the Gamer Tags there... I can garuntee you the guys there are class acts and would treat you to a good game...

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=40448

But I might get Live when the 360 comes out - I just don't play enough to get it now.

Ever played in a LAN party?
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I prefer Halo 2 for no other reason than the soundtrack. It is awesome! I even downloade.....er I mean I bought it...legally! :D

To me it makes the game.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • tecmo04
    edited July 2005
    Options
    i do play in LAN parties but only ones that go from one room in my house to the other. i have tried xbox connect for halo but didnt realy like it due to lag time. what software do you use ro your LAN parties?
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Tecmo,

XBconnect is not very stable software.

Xlink Kai is a much better program with a massive list of games to play.

XLink Kai
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • tecmo04
    edited July 2005
    Options
    thanks, i will try that. if any of u guys are interested in playing, give me a halla and we will duel. what games u guys have?

i got
    pg2
    toca racecar driver2
    halo
    halo2
    topspin
    forza motorsport
  • VR3
    edited July 2005
    Options
    We use routers, that connect 4 XBoxes together..

It works very well, isnt any lag time either.

Four TVs, Four XBoxes, 16 Players :cool:
  • tecmo04
    edited July 2005
    Options
    thats what i do at my house up at school, but unfortunatly im at home all by my lonesome. hense me getting live...
  • pixiedave
    pixiedave Posts: 227
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I play on Live all the time. I am in a clan GeezerGamerz NE. We are affiliated with geezergamers.com a group of "mature " gamers. Lots off fun playing custom games. You can check out our site, wich I run at GGNE, The best damn clan in the Geezer Nation! Stop by the forum and check it out. You can fr me, my gamertag is PurpleWolfHound

Purple.jpg:):)
    Purple.jpg
    You never blow your trip forever! < Daevid Allen
  • tecmo04
    edited July 2005
    Options
    out of curiosity how old do you have to be to be concidered a geezer gamer? i have a feeling being 21, i dont quite fit into the catagory.
  • pixiedave
    pixiedave Posts: 227
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by tecmo04
    out of curiosity how old do you have to be to be concidered a geezer gamer? i have a feeling being 21, i dont quite fit into the catagory.
    18 actually. The emphasis is more on behacvioral maturity rather than chronological maturity.
    Purple.jpg
    You never blow your trip forever! < Daevid Allen