Tubes?

Options
2»

Comments

• marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Will the 100 watt Jolida hybrid integrated be enough for these speakers? I know it has a super high efficency rating, but that is a whole lot of big drivers in those things.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by marker
    Will the 100 watt Jolida hybrid integrated be enough for these speakers? I know it has a super high efficency rating, but that is a whole lot of big drivers in those things.

It'll be most ample.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2005
    Options
    The Jolida hybrids do come with a full set of pre-outs now, so I guess I could always add a more powerful power amp and still use the tubed pre section of the Jolida if I absolutely had to.

I know 102 DB is super efficient, but still, a total of 4 12' woofers plus 2 mids? That is a lot of air to move!
  • ND13
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by marker
    The Jolida hybrids do come with a full set of pre-outs now, so I guess I could always add a more powerful power amp and still use the tubed pre section of the Jolida if I absolutely had to.

I know 102 DB is super efficient, but still, a total of 4 12' woofers plus 2 mids? That is a lot of air to move!

That amp paired up with those speakers will run you out of the room, unless it's the size of MSG. :p
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Speaking of tubes, do you believe this ****?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50598&item=5787289779&rd=1

I know they're rare but Geez Luweez :rolleyes:
    I guess they're getting like old baseball cards or barbie dolls now.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • ND13
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dragon1952
    Speaking of tubes, do you believe this ****?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50598&item=5787289779&rd=1

I know they're rare but Geez Luweez :rolleyes:
    I guess they're getting like old baseball cards or barbie dolls now.

OH MY SWEET JESUS, that's just ridiculous. And it's for just 2.