Allman Brothers?

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited June 2002 in Music & Movies
I'm thinking about replacing my 15+ year old CD of "The Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East" with one of the new remastered discs. There are 2 versions. One is just a remasted version of the original...no changes...just remastered. The other is "The Fillmore Concerts" version which I believe is a digital mix of several different live performances with some extra tracks. Has anyone heard these discs? Has anyone heard both? What do you think? I'm definitely getting one as this is one of my all time favorite cds (and album before that!). I'm leaning towards the original since I know it so well but if the Fillmore Concerts disc is enough different to warrant it I may have to buy both. I would appreciate any opinions.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    i haven't heard either, but if its one of your all-time favorite discs, BUY BOTH!!! :D i'm sure even the subtle nuances will bring a smile to your face if you love the material!
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited June 2002
    If this is, as you say, one of your favorite all time albums, then get the 2-disc FILLMORE SHOWS set. It is like getting the best album ever, sounding even better, and with more of it.

Don't hesitate. Get the 2-disc set TODAY.

It's amazing.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited June 2002
    Get the MoFi issue. You can find it on eBay from time to time.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited June 2002
    Shack-the 2 cd Fillmore Concerts is the way to go hands down..It was one of the reasons I broke down and bought a cd player the week it was released..as the ad went The Best Live Album Just Got Better..