WTB: HT receiver, cheap

2»

Comments

• bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited July 2005
    I learned a long time ago that emails can be miss read or miss understood. This learning experience for me was due to my poor writing skills. What I think and write are unfortunately two different things. Word engineering is not my best skill, but I work on it. I try to never take one email personnely.

I was not offened by Jstas's request.

I sold him a Sony receiver.

Peace
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2005
    :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited July 2005
    Wow, now we are all psycho-analysts. Glad you all know me so well.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • F1nut
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Jstas
    Glad you all know me so well.

.....all too well.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by F1nut
    .....all too well.

You know nothing of me. Nothing.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Spawndn72
    Spawndn72 Posts: 453
    edited July 2005
    I say...I say son..... BikeZappa, you have O-fended me boy...I challenge you to a duel at sun...I say sunrise...you paying atention to me boy.....

Word engineering....I do declare (walks off while shaking his head)

Ok, so I am a little bored.

And this was all in fun, no offense was meant, hopefully none was taken. :)
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
    Polk SDA-2 Mains
  • F1nut
    edited July 2005
    LOL.....here's a little insight to the man, the myth, the legend in his own mind.

Jstas, "I realized I was a geek in grade school when we had a science fair and I built a complete, working, telegraph network as my project. What beat me? Some kid with a gore factor 'cause his mom, a registered RN, stole slices of a brian that were used for educational purposes. That was 1st place. Second place was this kid who's rich dad bought him a $1700 Edison light bulb that was the size of his fat head and he wrote a paper about it. One gore factor and one whiz bang factor and the 3rd place guy was the only one who did something himself. The only thing my dad helped me with was he gave me his telegraph keys to use and the circuit diagram for wiring it up. I realized I was a geek when I got pissed off for doing all that work and these two kids bought first and second place.

I realized I was a hardcore geek in high school when I was competing in local IASCA competitions for car audio. Then I reached official status by getting a B.S. in IT with a background in EE and CS. Background being that I opted to take Computer Science classes and EE classes instead of the usual History and Literature classes because they were easy A's. My GPA suffered but I learned stuff that I can use at work.

I play video games but can't stand online play because I hate dealing with the people. My favorite operating system for computers most people have never heard of. I have gotten into the practice of building my own audio equipment and I will gladly take a broken pile of crap because it's more fun to fix it and make it work than buy a new one to show off to friends. I have propensity for hardware and feel at home digging around a computer case or under the hood of a car. I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of car headlights and play a game with my wife where she points at a set of headlights coming in the opposite direction and I have to name make and model. Bonus points for model year/generation. Lastly, to seal my geekness, I am one of those people that you hate to play Trivial Pursuit with because I so rarely lose. I can't even remember the last time I didn't win a game.

Oh, I also get pissed off at Chess games on the computer when they don't include ALL the rules in game play."

Jstas, "Don't trust anyone.

People are seldom what they seem and nothing like what you perceive.

People are stupid, much more so than you can imagine.

The general public is full of deviants and cretins, the only variance is the degree to which they are deviants and cretins.

No matter how hard you try, no one will ever see your point of view if it isn't exactly the same as theirs.

Don't compare yourself to others, they are more effed up than you can imagine.

People will believe anything. (This is a corollary to the 'people are stupid' clause.)

People only see and hear what they want to and are blind and deaf towards reality.

The most powerful thing in the universe is not love or nukes or anything silly like that. The most powerful thing is the ability of the human mind to rationalize anything so that they do not have to feel guilt about saying or doing something stupid or wrong like paying too much for a piece of gear or falling for a snake oil salesman's pitch.

Above all, don't be a bigot. Hate everyone equally."

Jstas, "I have found that to piss off neighbors, find an F1 broadcast on satellite TV and cut out the commentary. The screaming of the engines, I can listen to it all day long. Most other people can't."

From Bobman1235,
    "LOL, I woulda put money on Jstas taking that post personally / too seriously. Why can't we bet on these things? I could be a billionnaire."

Jstas, "I was driving home from work and was sitting at a traffic light. Los Lonely Boys was playing probably a tad too loud for having the windows down. This Mercedes Benz SL600 convertible pulls up next to me with the top down. The guy was listening to a local jazz station. I saw him mute it and twist his head around and give me what I thought was a dirty look. I just turned the volume down a bit.

The light turns green and this guy gets stuck behind a left turner and I drove on. I pulled into a convienience store lot to grab a soda and he pulled in behind me. He pulls up next to me and says "Excuse me!" Then he gets out and runs around to the driver's side of the truck. I'm thinking he's gonna get all pissy with me over something so I said "Yeah? What's the problem?"

That last comment says it all.

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2005
    "Last time someone did that, I knocked teeth down throats."

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7974

My personal fav. ;)

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2005
    Don't worry man, I'm not a dentist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7974

My personal fav. ;)

I read it all.

OH MY GOD! WTF?!?
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2005
    At Polkfest someone PLEASE keep an eye on me. I don't want to get shanked.

I'll be wearing a mouthguard, maybe full helmet.

Just in case.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • aaharvel
    edited July 2005
    what's polkfest?
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2005
    Hit the 'Gatherings and Events' forum cochise.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • aaharvel
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Hit the 'Gatherings and Events' forum cochise.

yup. found it- thanks.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable