an experimental fusion of hip-hop and jazz.

juice21juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited June 2002 in Music & Movies
picked up Guru's Jazzmatazz Vol. 1 last week. this disc is incredible. a smooth mixture of hip-hop and jazz. anyone out there familiar with this disc? i believe there are 3 Jazzmatazz discs in all. the other 2 are definitely on my 'to buy' list. if you enjoy both hip-hop and jazz, give this disc a spin...
Post edited by juice21 on

Comments

• Steve@3dai[email protected] Posts: 983
    edited May 2002
    Sounds good, if you read the reviews on CDNOW.com, they say that the Vol 1 is the strongest, and then the new one that just came out seems to be good (out in 2001).

Might have to check it out, thanks Juice!
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • joe logstonjoe logston Posts: 882
    edited May 2002
    i will look into it to juice

thanks
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • Steve@3dai[email protected] Posts: 983
    edited June 2002
    You might also want to check into Naked Music - NYC. It's got a nice mix of hip-hop and jazz, with a very talented female vocalist.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • juice21juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    thanks steve, i'll put it on my 'to-listen' list...

i always love being introduced to something great that i had no idea was previously out there...
  • flasonflason Posts: 278
    edited June 2002
    You need to check out any of the 3 Liquid Soul cd's. They play a jazz\hip hop\fusion that is the best I have heard in a long time. They play older tunes by Dizzy, Miles, and others with a hip hop flair. By far one of my favorite bands today. To me they blow the doors of The String Cheese Incident although STI is a very cool band. For you Chicago folk, you can check them out live at the Double Door downton. If I didn't hate the cold so much, that would be yet another reason to live in Chicago.