What's your all time favorite movie?

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited May 2002
    Micah,

Yes, Pulp Fiction or are you one of those people who couldn't follow what was going on? BTW, your picks---not bad.

F1nut
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jeberhart
    jeberhart Posts: 69
    edited May 2002
    "2001: A Space Odyssey." This is the way it should have been, instead of flying trucks called the space shuttle, no moon base, no missions to outer planets...man...reality really screwed us over.
  • bugner
    bugner Posts: 56
    edited May 2002
    Unquestionably..........."Five Easy Pieces."
  • bugner
    bugner Posts: 56
    edited May 2002
    another would have to be "Save The Tiger," although it is fiercely depressing. But the scene where he smokes pot with the young girl...........and rattles off all the old names. My God.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited May 2002
    i liked the sandpebble, with steve mcqueen

its one of thoughs movies that you can watch over and over,

its a great movie
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • jeberhart
    jeberhart Posts: 69
    edited May 2002
    "2001: A Space Odyssey." But not when I'm tired.
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited May 2002
    The Abyss
    Braveheart
    Shawshank Redemption
    Ninja Scroll--animation
    Drunken Master Two

But my alltime fave has gotta be Army of Darkness

*yo, she ****......let's go..*
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • vicentre
    vicentre Posts: 23
    edited May 2002
    The Matrix...Awesome movie.
    Home Theater Man Cave

Display-Samsung PN60E550 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR809 | Sources-OPPO BDP-103, PS3, Apple TV | Speakers-PolkAudio; mains-RTiA7, center-CSiA6, surrounds-RTi70, back surrounds-RTi38 | Sub-SVS PB-1000 | Sennheiser HD-650 headphones | Schiit Audio Vahalla Headphone Amp | Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable | Musical Fidelity V-LPS Mk II Phono Amp with upgraded power supply | Monster MP HTS 1600 power center
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited May 2002
    1. Last Tango In Paris
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2002
    Great flicks in this thread. I have to add a bunch of them -- FIVE EASY PIECES, SANDPEBBLES! -- to my rentmydvd.com list! Time to see them again for the first time!

>> [PULP FICTION] are you one of those people who couldn't follow what was going on? <<

Yeah, that original super-genius Quentin Tarantino really bamboozled me with his stupendous filmmaking skill and screenwriting innovations. Ever seen THE BIG SLEEP, pre-release 1945 version? Christ, PULP FICTION was a big zero.

:D

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    Sheer greatness......I taped, some years back, the unedited version off of AMC. Man, I got to watch that again, soon.

Major hotties in that movie as well.

Troy (of the Big Dumb Dions)
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited May 2002
    Braveheart
    American History X
    A Few Good Men
    Patton
    K-Pax
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • mlware
    mlware Posts: 29
    edited June 2002
    Stray Dog and Yojimbo, and The Seven Samurai, by Kurosawa. Favorite new movie is Battle Royale by Fukasaku.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited June 2002
    I have to go with Heat

Michael Mann made you love the "Bad Guys". And I have never had another movie experience like that. I wanted DeNiro (McCauley) to jump on that plane instead of going after Wayne Gro. I didn't want Pacino (Hannah) killing him. And you saw the pain in his eye's when he did, because Hannah actually liked him.

Plus the cinematography was excellent from McCauleys pad on the ocean to the shoot out scene after the bank heist. And the final scenes in 5.1 at the airport are just plain terrific.

Most of the other movies you guys picked were great picks, but for some reason I keep coming back to this movie.:D
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png