Polk Audio Monitor Series 11T Floor Loud Speakers

Options
4x44mud
4x44mud Posts: 5
edited June 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Greeting all

My name is Richard and I recently won an EBay bid for Polk Audio Monitor Series 11T Floor Loud Speakers. My previous speakers were JBL 4312's. I will be connecting them to a Carver HR752 receiver, so they will get plenty of power.

A few questions:

1. I paid $350... Was this a good purchase money-wise?
2. Does anybody have them and what are your thoughts?
3. My best guess ie they were manufactured ~1988, does this sound about right?

I am really excited about the purchase, but have not purchased anything "blind" on EBay before.

I appreciate your response.

Richard
Regards,

Richard
Post edited by 4x44mud on

Comments

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Check your post in the Vintage Speakers Forum.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,086
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Richard, you are new here. You only need to post a question once. No need to post a ? in mutiple forums. Most of us check all the forums regularly. Just a tip. :)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Deja Vu
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I have owned a pair since the early nineties, they are powered by a modded adcom 555 and 555 pre, rotel cd, & velodyne sub,, replace the tweeters with the newer ones, you will not be sorry. Use quality interconnects and speaker cable. The "imaging" and sound quality never ceases to amaze me especially when you "listen" to them. I think that 350 is a decent price, what type of condition are they in? I hope that I have not offended your intellegence by being so specific,overall I am extremely pleased with them(BTW, they will "rock you") Currently searching for a pair of 1c's- Hope this helps.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)