seperated cone

sjbronco
sjbronco Posts: 3
edited May 2002 in Troubleshooting
Please help! I noticed that one of my RT1000's was not sounding right. After checking all the wires ect.. I decided to check the speaker itself. I noticed the cone had seperated from the base. I have owned these for just over a year. Is there a warranty? If not where in Denver can I get this serviced or replaced?

Thanks for your help

Scott Brown
Post edited by sjbronco on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2002
    What are you calling a 'cone' and a 'base'? I'm sure Polk will honor any defects.....

-R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • sjbronco
    edited May 2002
    The "cone" I am referring to is basically just my Mid range speaker. It has become detached at the base where it looked like it had been glued? It is not a tear.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited May 2002
    He may be talking about the dust cap?

sjbronco,

Are you talking about the cone in the center of the driver?

KING WANNABE
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • sjbronco
    edited May 2002
    Yes, I am speaking about the driver, sorry I don't know speaker lingo. The driver (The thing that looks like a speaker with the big heavy magnet) The material that moves back and forth has become detached at the base by the magnet. Does anyone know how long these are on warranty?
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2002
    5 year warrenty!!!!!!
    It has become detached at the base where it looked like it had been glued?
    That does not sound good---did you buy these new?:confused:
  • jeberhart
    jeberhart Posts: 69
    edited May 2002
    This is a warranty issue all the way. I've played speakers too loud and cracked 'em up more than I care to admit, but never, ever have I been able to abuse a speaker enough to make this happen. There's not a thing to worry about, though; Polk will take care of it. The easiest thing is to call them up, see if you can return the driver, and have one sent to you. I personally would just switch them out myself. It's easy.