What the Heck!!

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
4 months ago I sent my subs back because the wires that connect the cone and the wire terminals broke apart, I got new subs and just tonight it happened again, I know I can send them back and get new ones again, but thats 60 bucks to ship them things. I dont understand why cant they just be built so they dont freakin do that! Now I have to send them back again, and spend 60 more bucks to get them repaired, and I needed them for a car show this sunday.

On the other sub the coil is worn, bent, and in one place, torn a little bit. And if you press the cone in a bit, you can hear it hitting something underneath the dustcap. Im pretty sure that means its blown, but the other one isnt, its just that wire thing thats messed up. Could the box be causing the wire to sperperate from the terminals? Cause I dont think any else has ever had that problem and this is the 2nd time its happened to me.
I guess the only thing I can do is ship them back right?

Ohh and one more question if I strip that wire a little bit, sodder and tape it to the terminal, will it void the warrenty?

Please respond ASAP!!!!!!!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I have the same exact problem with 2 mm120's. On the one speaker the wires connecting the terminals and the cone are seperated, and the other speaker the glue on the coil is melted and the cone is torn from the coil. i dont know what to do.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I had the same problem, I took my sub back to my dealer and they shipped it away for me free of charge. But with all these people having the same problems, it makes a person question the durability of the sub...
    "The Big C"