bandpass for mm120

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
i noticed on the polkaudio.com site, in the toolbox they have a bandpass box for the polkmomo mentioned. I was just curious though, since the low side is tuned to 55hz, and the high side tuned to 57hz, isn't it going to sound fairly bad? I'm just thinking that below 55hz the cone is going to move too much(at least it works that way in ported boxes, bandpass work differently in that respect?.

Oh well, the real reason i asked is because i'm looking to build a box for my mm120, i have it in a q-logic .88cu. ft. box, but i didn't know when i bought it that it was particle board. Figured i should replace it with something made of MDF, and if i build something custom i can make it fit better in my back area too.

I'm actualy interested in building a ported enclosure, according to the EBC numbers, the momo is equally suited to ported or sealed designs, so does anyone have some suggestions for enclosure size, port diamiter, and port length for the mm120's ?

thanks
journey
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• maddux4cyoung
    maddux4cyoung Posts: 6
    edited May 2002
    Options
    But you give plans for ported enclosures (bandpass) on the website specifically for mm100's (which I have), and then state that they are not designed for this type of box...
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2002
    Options
    band pass is a sealed encloser the sub hits into the box i have a old mtx band pass plexi box in my old car waiting to sell
  • JustinGoodie
    JustinGoodie Posts: 18
    edited May 2002
    Options
    bandpass is different than ported....

in a ported box, you've basically got a sealed box with a port in it...

a bandpass box is essentially a sealed box with a ported box on the "front" side of the woofer...

notice the little figure i made in paint to help illustrate what i'm talking about... sorry about the crudeness of the graphic but it shows what i mean.