Looking For Polk Rt3000's

nickfl3
nickfl3 Posts: 2
edited May 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hi! I'm interested in a set of Polk RT3000p's...preferably in Rosewood.
Must be excellant to very good condition.
Please let me know if you have or locate any for sale.
THANKS.
Post edited by nickfl3 on

Comments

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited May 2005
    I wish I could help you out :( but I'm holding onto my Rosewood 3000s! :D
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited May 2005
    There's a pair on EBay today. Not sure what color though.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • BobMcG
    edited May 2005
    The ones on ebay are only the bottom half of a set. The subs and no sats. Also kinda looks like walnut to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71571&item=5776124105&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
  • ND13
    edited May 2005
    It says in the product condition section that the subs are included.
  • BobMcG
    edited May 2005
    As I said. For sale is the sub portion ONLY of this speaker system. No sats! Thus 1/2 of the 3000s. The bottm half.

Quote from the ebay page in link above:
    "item Specifics - Home Speakers
    Speaker Type: Subwoofer
    Brand: Polk Condition: Used"

Picture of item(s) for sale:
  • BobMcG
    edited May 2005
    Here is a picture of a complete RT3000p (mine):
  • ND13
    edited May 2005
    Misread your first post, sorry.
  • BobMcG
    edited May 2005
    ND13,

Not a problem. I'm sorry to have sounded............... a bit edgy.
    Total a--hole backdoor nieghbors and I mean the worst bunch of inconsiderate, noisy, messy, junk yard, **** scratching, moronic hillbillies you'd ever want to have annoying you have me at the end of my rope.

BTW: If I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth again, this time it will likely be due to me being at the end of a rope or more likely the whole f'ing bunch of them!

Venting again..............
  • ND13
    edited May 2005
    Bmg, no problem. I can sympathize with you, but with co=workers today. You would think that they think i should be doing something work related instead of this or something. I guess its a matter of priorities. My hobby or my salespeople.
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by BobMcG
    Here is a picture of a complete RT3000p (mine):

2 words, "Cable management":D

I e-mailed this seller and it is only 1 sub, no sat and no grill.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • BobMcG
    edited May 2005
    Skynut, LOL. Kinda looks that way doesn't it?

But have no fear, it's quite deceiving as some of the cables you see behind the speaker has nothing to do with HT at all. They dissappear through a port in the wall just out of sight and go to TVs throughout the house w/o touching any audio cables. The three cables to the speaker are on the floor. The electric wires to the right of the rack and left of the speaker are nyla-tied to proper length and not touching any audio cables. The cables on the floor to the right are the two ICs going to the rear amp and the sub IC going to the sub and are normally run against the mop board but were pushed out away from the door in the back because I had to be able to swing it open frequently at the time to check on my furnace. (Which was finally replaced in mid Feb.)

All in all with ten electronic components involved in the HT system and eight speakers three of which are bi-wired, there are quite a few cables to contend with, but none are contacting any power cables and the ICs and speaker cables are kept apart.

Still I'm not ANYWHERES in the ball park as anal about cable control on my HT as compared to either of my HSs. You see I take 2-channel VERY seriously as in say ten out of ten on a typical scale of one to ten. HT hovers around a five.......

...... but only on a good day. ;)
  • ND13
    edited May 2005
    BMG,

Amen, brother. My HT rigs definitely play second and third fiddles.
  • BobMcG
    edited May 2005
    BTW: Skynut,

One sub you say?????? Holy smokes, I wonder what the story is behind that.......
  • Skynut
    edited May 2005
    I am not sure why 1 sub and no grill but I know this place comes up with some off the wall stuff from time to time.

I am also not one to talk about wires, mine look neat but that is because I did not realize i needed to keep the wires segregated.

This weekends project is to get them all running alone.
    I guess ic's and speaker wires need to be away from power wires but I am not sure of all the rules.
    I have new cable coax i am going to build this weekend out of quad sheilded stuff from H.D. It is some pretty good looking wire, I hope it preforms well.
    I guess it needs to be away from everything also.

I guess I should ask, what can be grouped together and what needs to be apart?

It looks like a long weekend.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • BobMcG
    edited May 2005
    Just my preferred way of doing it:

When it comes to 2-channel systems: I prefer to group no wires together at all and have no two wires touching at any point. This includes left and right ICs not touching nor two power cables even contacting each other. Absolutely no two wires touching any way any time period. All wires are the length needed for the application without any extra to deal with. This means planning a system out carefully if you're considering using expensive cables. I make my power cables myself using AudioQuest cables and Hubble connectors.

I used to deal with and home manufacture custom AudioQuest speaker cables for people to fit their needs. I don't anymore but still have a stock of different terminations, heat shrink and proffessional crimping tools. I used to have an assortment of cables I didn't have a use for anymore from systems I've built in the past but even that stock pile has been sold down (but not out).

In the photo (if it shows it clearly enough not being 3-D) you can see that none of the wires touch nor have any real excess to contend with. Close in some cases but not touching. Also notice the ICs going out of the picture to the Legacy sub at the top are using appropriate sized sparkplug wire separators at intervals to keep them from touching.
  • nickfl3
    nickfl3 Posts: 2
    edited May 2005
    Hey! Thanks for the reply. I admire your setup. Really sharp. But keep me in mind if you should ever want to unload those RT3000's.......LOL!
    Yeah, the ONE on ebay is only one sub. Nothing else.
    If anyone should hear of a SET of subs/sats for sale, Please let me know.

THANKS.
  • Skynut
    edited May 2005
    Bob you system looks anally clean, I did not get to do all my rewiring this weekend but I will soon, i am waiting on a slew of new cables and an outlaw ICBM. I am getting new sub power cords for all my powered speakers and ic's to connect them. When they come in I am going to try to do everything better.

Sorry to nickfl3 for getting off your topic.
    Good luck finding your 3000's, you have to be constantly searching the used market because when they show up they sell as quick as possible.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking