EPII: Attack of the Clones

2»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited May 2002
    I saw it 3 times now,
    funny how i like it the more I see it.Glad you liked it Ron.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

AND YOU DON'T WANT TO SELL ANYONE DEATH STICKS!!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    I've seen it twice now and am pretty impressed. It's so much better than EPI (thankfully). There are still lots of little things that bug me, but overall it's pretty good. It gets my nod of approval.

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2002
    I agree, it's not the perfect SW, or as good as ANH or ESB, but to me, it is better then RofJ.

I watched ESB last night and I'd say AofC is a very close runner up. It has it's flaws, but what movie doesn't.

If AotC is a sign of things to come, Ep III should be awesome. But very dark. After all Padme has to die and the remaining Jedi must be killed off.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

My quess is that a Jedi (accidently) kills Padme and this is what sends Anakin to the dark side with extreme hatred for the Jedi and hunts them down to kill them, thus the reason for Obi-Wan going into hiding. Just a quess, but we did see in AofC how much hatred Anakin had towards the Bantha's(?), killing men, women and children due to the death of his mother.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Aaron
    edited May 2002
    Padme will die, but it may be by natural causes and not by a Jedi. If you remember in RotJ, Princess Leia says that she has a memory of her mother (being beautiful, but sad all of the time), so she must have been at least 3 or older when her mother (Padme) died. It would seem the likely cause of her saddness is the turning to the dark side of Anakin. I knew that his mother would die in this AotC, and I thought that would send him over to the dark side. Not quite. Another possible catalyst for this would be the failure of the Republic government. He seems to have little faith in any governing body and its ability to get things done. Supposedly Obi-Wan will kick Anakin's butt and nearly kill him. I believe this is the reason that he has to wear the body suit and helmet to survive. Hmm, maybe this is the reason that Anakin goes after all of the Jedi: he's trying to find and kill Obi-Wan.

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2002
    We know Lucas is filming new scenes for all the 3 OT movies. According to Dark Horizons, Natilie Portman signed on to film extra footage for RotJ.

Obviously this means that Lucas is adding her in to the movie for the DVD. Could it be that maybe Padme is not dead, but Leia just thought she died. Or, maybe she will be used as flash back scenes when Leia is talking about her. Makes one think what Lucas is up to.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited May 2002
    Cripes, I wonder how many of you were in this line.
  • Aaron
    edited May 2002
    That's hilarious!!!

Aaron
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2002
    Look at the self control I'm exhibiting by not getting involved in this thread!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2002
    Yes Micah, do show some control for this thread. Remember...anger and hate all lead to the dark side of the force!

Patience young padawan marketing guru! What would Master Obi-Paul Dicomo say if he knew of your swelling rage against this thread!

Darth Strong
    No excuses!
  • schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited May 2002
    I would have to say that the movie was entertaining and much better than the TPM. There was the scene when I thought Julie Andrews was going show up on the screen and start singing the "Sound of Music".
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2002
    http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2002/05/16/attack_clones/index.html

"...love scenes shot to look like **** commercials..."

LOL!
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    man, that is the funniest line I've read in months!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • OrangeToupee
    edited May 2002
    I liked these as well...

"The trail leads them to Count Dooku (Christopher Lee), and you know he's bad because his name sounds kind of like kidspeak for '****'."

"For some moviegoers, the two-hours-plus of "Attack of the Clones" may qualify as fun. But what I loved best about it was running, almost literally, from the theater afterward: I can't remember ever feeling so glad that a movie was finally over."
  • Aaron
    edited May 2002
    The guy probably had to take a big **** the whole movie. That would explan the Dooku comment and his rush to get out of the theater.

Aaron
  • OrangeToupee
    edited May 2002
    "The guy probably had to take a big **** the whole movie. That would explan the Dooku comment and his rush to get out of the theater. "

That's a pretty solid theory, and although the reviewer was actually a chick, I'll go along with it.
  • schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited May 2002
    I noticed the reviewer said the same as I did about "The Sound of Music". I had a few people in the theater laughing when I said that.
  • OrangeToupee
    edited May 2002
    "I noticed the reviewer said the same as I did about "The Sound of Music". I had a few people in the theater laughing when I said that."

I'm surprised that a hundred geeks didn't flog you with floppy disks.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2002
    sounds like an uptight artsy fartsy type of chick to me. I think she needs a nice long lightsaber put in some certain spot to knock her back to reality. Then put her into a **** commercial to clean her out!

Has anyone ever noticed that the most current movie that someone really hates automatically becomes the worst movie in history?

How did Episode II become worse than Episode 1? Wanna bet that Episode III becomes the worst movie in history in 2005! It will take over the roll of worst movie from Matrix part 3. Matrix part 3 will take the coveted worst movie in history prize from Matrix part 2.

Why you ask...because reviewers like her probably gave 5 out of 4 stars to movies like Fried Green Tomatoes and Bridges of Madison County. :lol: Wonder if she saw Battlefield Earth?

John
    No excuses!
  • mlware
    mlware Posts: 29
    edited June 2002
    I loved AOTC. I don't let other people's opinions change my mind. I dont care what the herd feels it has to say, in fact we've all heard the usual whining millions of times. I thought it was like George Lucas' best movie after the serious social science fiction of THX1138, and the goofiness of American Graffitti, because it has both of those elements, which is interesting.