low volume

UnderdogJay
UnderdogJay Posts: 5
edited May 2002 in Troubleshooting
Hello,
The problem I'm having is that I have to turn the volume on my receiver up to 20 out of 50 just to get a decent volume level out of my speakers and I don't think I should be having to turn it up nearly that high. I have a Sony STR DE975 receiver connected to Polk RT35i's as the fronts and a CS245i. I'm using 14 gauge speaker wire and I have checked all the connections to make sure everything is hooked up tightly and to the right terminals. If anybody could offer a solution or has an idea as to what the problem is please let me know. Thanks.

Underdog
Post edited by UnderdogJay on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,055
    edited May 2002
    Why worry about it,
    don't worry about the number,its just a number,forget about it.Enjoy your system.Is this the first digital volume control receiver you owned????Most people that come from a analog volume control express concern.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2002
    The difference between 15dB&45dB is not as apparent the ddifference between 70dB&100dB. Don't be suprised, enjoy the music.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,055
    edited May 2002
    I did however fail to give one solution that could be a problem...sorry,
    Didi you calibrate your system with a SPL meter?If you don't own one I would suggest you buy one from radio shack.Its a great instrument for measuring the levels of each channel.It's hard to do my ear.This would be one of the only things I would worry about in your system.If your receiver does line level intinuation, check the preset level if it applies.Most receivers don't have this feature.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • UnderdogJay
    UnderdogJay Posts: 5
    edited May 2002
    Thank you both for the advice. I think I just won't worry about it as long as it's no big deal.